1. Stefano Pesenti C.'s rating of the film Italian for Beginners

2. Yvonx S's rating of the film Italian for Beginners

Enjoyable. An absorbing story line that follows lonely thirty somethings whose lives intersect in a small Danish town. Convincing performances, with a quirky ironic undertow. Life is what happens despite plans and is defined in this film with some genuinely heartfelt moments. Won't spoil it, just say it bows to long standing tradition in cinema to err towards the feel good factor. Just what you need sometimes.

3. Xiao's rating of the film Italian for Beginners

4. msmichel's rating of the film Italian for Beginners

Still as charming as on release this Dogme effort from Lone Scherfig brings a group of Danish loners and misfits together taking a class learning Italian. Performances are quite wonderful with the beautiful Ann Eleonora Jorgensen standing best in class. This film put director Scherfig on the international map and with good reason.

5. eljuli's rating of the film Italian for Beginners

This is my favourtie Dogma Film

6. Harry Rossi's rating of the film Italian for Beginners

An incredibly sweet storyline mixed with incredibly realistic acting mixed with the wonderful dogma style lead me to really enjoy this film. It was shown to me in a class so unfortunately I saw the cut down version, but I still found the film to be incredibly effective. I liked the ways the characters interacted with each other, as those interactions is what made the film so enjoyable and relatable.

7. michael.p.ellis@ntlworld.com's rating of the film Italian for Beginners

A young minister arrives at a town to mix with the lives of a congregation beset with dysfunctional relationships and painful events. Portrayed with such realism and credibility it makes for difficult viewing. But over time, everyone, one way or another, finds their place. Is it faith in the divine, or just faith. The feel good final destination is all the more due of the gritty painful authenticity of the journey,

8. Yuri La's rating of the film Italian for Beginners

A story all around its characters, drama and comedy where irony appears and disappears in a flash, essential and romantic tone. Simply of what Dogma is searching for, here a coral fleeting moment, a snapshot of reality in the scenes where the film takes place.

9. Vaida Kazlauskaitė's rating of the film Italian for Beginners

Though this one is alright as a starter, I'd go for more downbeat Dogme films.

10. LaHaine's rating of the film Italian for Beginners

If you were going to show someone going into Dogme95 a starter film it would be this quirky romantic comedy which is the lightest and upbeat of all Dogme95 films. Wonderful performances from all and the last 20 minutes in Venice are romantic and touching as anything you see. My third fav from the Dogme95 after Festen and the Idiots.

11. Canaletto's rating of the film Italian for Beginners

Cinta que dio paso a la segunda ola del Dogma 95, esta confirmo o dio validez al movimiento. Exitosa en la taquilla y con la crítica. Esta "comedia" se respalda en los personajes en los cuales se enfoca y se beneficia de un estupendo casting. Una pequeña cinta que agrada por tener los pies en el suelo y nunca pretender ser otra cosa.

12. lukasbicho's rating of the film Italian for Beginners

Sin duda, la otra cara de Dogme 95. Una comedia maravillosa. Era una sorpresa, la verdad, después de tantos dramones y obras experimentales.

13. Lorna Singh's rating of the film Italian for Beginners

Billed as a romantic comedy,for me it was neither.The ensemble just didn't engage me,kept waiting for a character to care about.

14. FailedImitator's rating of the film Italian for Beginners

This movie makes me want to make a Dogme 95 film so bad. I just hope no one calls it mumblecore after I'm done ;P

15. Ahmed Nabil's rating of the film Italian for Beginners

I hesitated a lot to rate this film. Could not decide!