1. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film It's a Gift

2. SpacePirate's rating of the film It's a Gift

The penultimate Fields film, just has an example of everything about his work all tightly packaged into one little masterstroke. If you don't enjoy this film, his comedy just isn't for you and I wouldn't waste your time with his others. No big deal, plenty of other great comedians from the era. : )

3. filmcapsule's rating of the film It's a Gift

Lacks almost all of the visual sophistication of other early comedies, as well as the manic energy of some other stars' vehicles. I do find Fields' persona funny, but it's not nearly enough to carry this film that struggles to place him in comic scenarios with defined arcs and beats. His nagging wife is incessantly grating, making it difficult for the familial sentimentality to fill the comedic void as well.

4. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film It's a Gift

5. AKFilmFan's rating of the film It's a Gift

Field's best film. Shows the dysfunctional family at it's funniest and has plenty of classic scenes, including the sleeping scene on the porch. And don't me started on the wife.

6. MarcH's rating of the film It's a Gift

Fields' masterpiece. Still laugh hysterically at the 1,000th viewing.

7. Dave's rating of the film It's a Gift

It remains the only W.C. Fields movie I have seen, which is inexcusable because it is hilarious and can be watched over and over again. A true comedy classic.