1. Cindy's rating of the film Ivan the Terrible, Part II

Transition into color electrified the banquet sequence, something of a baroque nightmare. Eisenstein was peerless

2. Aardsy's rating of the film Ivan the Terrible, Part II

Great, except for the shitty color musical part.

3. Brotherdeacon's rating of the film Ivan the Terrible, Part II

There is not one shot in which the light doesn't scream "Power," and there isn't one shot in which the shadows don't scream "Damnation." Along with Part I, they're milestones in the history of cinema and the human path of meaningful artistic creation. Here's some nightmarish operatic bombast, exactly as the subject matter demands--a sulfurous calculation mark of evil which chews

4. julita's rating of the film Ivan the Terrible, Part II

más allá de lo fílmico, esta película nos permite entender mucho de la idiosincracia rusa, algo que Eisenstein conoce y trasmite muy bien, Stalin no fue muy diferente a Ivan el Terrible.......y para la época en que fue filmada: chapeau!!!

5. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film Ivan the Terrible, Part II

An unfortunate victim of film censorship, projected to be the second out of a trilogy but the third never got made because of Stalin. Released 12 years after its filming and the death of both Stalin and Eisenstein. An incredible cinematic accomplishment, where we get to see Ivan’s true madness. Flamboyant followers performing a dance for the Tsar is an aesthetic we all need in our lives.

6. steeeeellaaaaa (Iulia N)'s rating of the film Ivan the Terrible, Part II

God damn you Eisenstein why did you had to make a movie about a crazy paranoid ruler exactly when Stalin was starting to lose his mind??? Now we'll never have a proper ending to this masterpiece...

7. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Ivan the Terrible, Part II

8. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Ivan the Terrible, Part II

9. Mohammad Aboomar's rating of the film Ivan the Terrible, Part II

Ivan shows a terrible face - in colors!

10. grotesc's rating of the film Ivan the Terrible, Part II

11. DVC's rating of the film Ivan the Terrible, Part II

Espectáculo estético impresionante. Expresionismo ruso en su más altas cotas. Extraordinaria

12. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film Ivan the Terrible, Part II

It's a shame Eisenstein never got to master camera movement. Nonetheless this is a piece of art which was unfortunately raped by the Stalin dictatorship. I am glad to see it restored. The things that stood out to me were the ending, the colored scenes and of course the casting of Ivan. That is one scary dude! It's a shame Eisenstein couldn't outlive Stalin and give us a few more.

13. Adriana's rating of the film Ivan the Terrible, Part II

Tan buena como la primera

14. Luz Sabina's rating of the film Ivan the Terrible, Part II

15. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Ivan the Terrible, Part II

Terror is indeed relative! This Ivan was a saint!!! Plus a masterful rendering by Eisenstein.

16. Ricardo Corona M's rating of the film Ivan the Terrible, Part II

Aunque nunca veremos la tercera parte para mi esta fue la perfecta conclusión de esta historia de Iván el Terrible.

17. Michael Harbour's rating of the film Ivan the Terrible, Part II

The hyper-colored finale is interesting. Still not an Eisenstein film I'd recommend for anyone not deeply interested in film history

18. msmichel's rating of the film Ivan the Terrible, Part II

Orginally thought the second installment paled next to the first but on rescreening realized its as effective as the orginal. Eisenstein's use of cinema conventions and pushing them to another level continued with many memorable camera placements, compositions and choreography. The banquet sequence in 3 strip colour processing is phenomenal as is the plotting and deceits on display. Shame the third never was shot.

19. M. Hulot's rating of the film Ivan the Terrible, Part II

20. Jugend21's rating of the film Ivan the Terrible, Part II

Strange to say, but the dance of the oprichniki is perhaps the greatest scene I've ever seen in a film. It is certainly the one that has taught me the most. the greatest film ever, hands down.

21. ZYNAB's rating of the film Ivan the Terrible, Part II

Imo this is even more magnificent than the first part, I felt incredibly sad when it ended and I realized I would never see the story finish :,(

22. Isilda Castro's rating of the film Ivan the Terrible, Part II

One of the films i enjoyed the most. Is a movie about the solitude that comes with the power. What a final! Eisenstein is indeed a great director.

23. Effendi Ben Smith-Malick's rating of the film Ivan the Terrible, Part II

I paid attention to 20 minutes of this while playing Kingdom Rush and reading reddit. I'm smart. Everyone in this movie looked like Dr. Strange.

24. soiwaswrong's rating of the film Ivan the Terrible, Part II

I liked part 2 much than 1. All the action are here. I thought I have a bad copy of 2 because it shifted from colored then black and white the colored again... hahahaha, Good thing I read articles first before commenting here..