1. dordairobert's rating of the film Ivan's Childhood

2. Pater Ecstaticus's rating of the film Ivan's Childhood

Tarkovsky retrospective https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIMXTMTTNPg

3. Trailblazer, LLC.'s rating of the film Ivan's Childhood

A Classic. Cinematography to die for. Great child perf.

4. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film Ivan's Childhood

Oftentimes the Tarkovsy's obscurantism bothers me just a bit. With Ivan's Childhood however, I missed it dearly.

5. Lewis Taylor's rating of the film Ivan's Childhood

Songs of Innocence and Experience transmuted to the screen. Ivan's memories of a lost childhood, those warm, blurred, impressionistic images of children at play at the top and tail of the film, will stay with me forever.

6. Barrett.'s rating of the film Ivan's Childhood

This is my first of Tarkovsky, I knew what to expect but at times was still surprised and impressed. Visually it is spectacular as expected but some of the tracking shots are what surprised me, despite this being his first film over the hour mark, Ivan's childhood already looks like a master at work. If I had any reservations it would be that I wish the plot was slightly more engaging.

7. Maribou's rating of the film Ivan's Childhood

Heartbreaking story of a boy whose childhood is destroyed by the Second World War. The mud, swamp, birch forests and bombed-out villages of the front are stunningly photographed and the images, sense of place and of human loss linger long after the film has finished. The final scene is one of the most beautiful moments in cinema history and destroys me every time.

8. FISCHER's rating of the film Ivan's Childhood

Une oeuvre étonnante, baignée d'une troublante atmosphère d'intimisme et de réalisme proche de ce que l'on nomme parfois le néo-réalisme poétique soviétique... www.cinefiches.com

9. Yugosalvia Plath's rating of the film Ivan's Childhood

14. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Ivan's Childhood

8.2/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2Hy

15. Absentia's rating of the film Ivan's Childhood

16. James Mackin's rating of the film Ivan's Childhood

I wasn't crazy about it, but all of the dream sequences and transitions to real life were all really stellar.

17. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Ivan's Childhood

18. ihor's rating of the film Ivan's Childhood

Tarkovsky's least enigmatic film offers a clear narrative, but does not skimp on poetic beauty and even flashes of style amidst often grim WWII landscapes. The narrative is one of innocence lost by child amidst a seemingly apocalyptic war. Ivan's education is on the battlefield which he lusts for against a force of perceived barbarians. No glory is given to the Soviet cause though as the destruction is central.

19. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Ivan's Childhood

20. diogo.dsantos's rating of the film Ivan's Childhood

21. TZUHSIEN TANG's rating of the film Ivan's Childhood

22. eugenie de sade's rating of the film Ivan's Childhood

beautiful at moments but dull as hell in the other 85% of it

23. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Ivan's Childhood

24. mubianer's rating of the film Ivan's Childhood

Almost great war film, told like a myth, beautiful flashback sequences that gave a hint about Tarkovsky's later films.