1. J. O.'s rating of the film Izo

An ultra-violent commentary on ultra-violence. An ironic bloodbath only possible at the hands of Miike. The notorious director does deserve credit here, as he tried something quite new with this one and has created something relatively unique (though many say pretentious). It had its share of fantastic moments, but as a unified piece it doesn't quite hold up.

2. ddrt's rating of the film Izo

I laugh when people say the phrases "this is pretentious," "what a convoluted piece." Read the description, watch the trailer and watch it if the movie interests you. Why are you looking down here?

3. uzaigaijin's rating of the film Izo

Probably the worst movie he ever made...

4. ElTigreNegro's rating of the film Izo

At first i didn't like it, then i didn't care for it, then i gave it another chance, and now i love it. Some might argue Miike contradicts himself with his critique of cinematic violence by going over the top with it, but i think that's exactly the point. There's also a bunch of fantastic sequences, so even if you don't quite like the concept, it's hard to hate a movie with vampires, samurais, yakuzas among others.

5. - Caltiki -'s rating of the film Izo

6. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film Izo

Close to the most violent and most bizarre film I have ever seen only to come from the mind of Miike, an endless series of violence that leads to a heap trip worth watching for "the" serious international cult film buff but also Miike at his best.

7. Howard Orr's rating of the film Izo

A sort of fantasia on Japan's obsession with graphic violence and samurai culture; the film tries to critique how the image of violence is manipulated in the service of cynical interests, not least those of the entertainment industry. To me, it's a mess, not least because it wallows in the violence it seems to condemn. But the biggest compliment I can pay is that perhaps only a Syberberg could have got away with it.

8. Easton Dubois's rating of the film Izo

9. Scout Tafoya's rating of the film Izo

A better if less pretty version of Highlander.

10. The Art of B's rating of the film Izo

11. Sammy Chien's rating of the film Izo

this film is actually deeper than wat most of the miike films seems to delineate. I had quite a bit of respect for this piece.

12. KaiserSennheiser's rating of the film Izo

This is THE CRAZIEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN! It's like a madman's insanity projectile vomited onto a screen.

13. Tyler Aikens's rating of the film Izo

By far and wide, Takashi Miike's most convoluted and pretentious piece that I have seen so far. Not his worst, but not far from it either.