1. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film J'accuse

2. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film J'accuse

3. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film J'accuse

4. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film J'accuse

Possibly the greatest war film ever made.

5. FISCHER's rating of the film J'accuse

Une oeuvre fort théâtralisée d'Abel Gance qui tourna en 1938, une version parlante. Dommage que Gance appuie trop sa démonstration quant à la bêtise et l'horreur de la guerre. Et ce n'est pas l'insertion de prises de vue réellement tournées durant la Première Guerre Mondiale, ni la lecture de lettres de soldats qui sauvent le film d'un pesant accent mélodramatique presque constant. www.cinefiches.com

6. grotescsetorg's rating of the film J'accuse

7. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film J'accuse

A pesar de ese redundante discurso y parafreseo de un llamado de conciencia (el "yo acuso" sea como un grito de denuncia o invocación a la unión), Gance tiene una riqueza fílmica formalmente hablando. Se nota en esa metáfora lírica cuando por ejemplo un poeta declama, una sombra que asalta a una mujer dentro de un granero o la narración de un sueño que se manifiesta en la realidad. Un filme incipiente y con lenguaje.

8. Stefan Drees's rating of the film J'accuse

A truly remarkable anti war movie. Photography and camera are awesome in spite of the limited possibilities. Look especially at the short sequence only showing hands around 26:00 or at some of the war scenes filmed with shadow silhouettes.

9. bencor's rating of the film J'accuse

I hate "silent" "movies", but this one screams at me.

10. El Biffo's rating of the film J'accuse

Will mankind ever evolve beyond war? What good are humanity's achievements in technology and the arts when overshadowed by the perpetual lust for war? WAR! Promised to us yesterday, today, tomorrow, and eternally.

11. jacobcarter1995's rating of the film J'accuse

I enjoyed much of the film, though I'll say I grew weary of the melodramatic story that often dominated it. The movie works much better when it explores the tragedy of the war via a number of affecting editing techniques (the superimposition of dancing skeletons, the flurry of images that occur during the battle sequences, etc.)

12. Hugo Poderoso's rating of the film J'accuse

The first part of the film is gorgeous. The rest can't achieve such expressive heights, with some exceptions, but the whole is good enough.

13. Andrei Rus's rating of the film J'accuse

Whenever I watch a great movie, I have the feeling that I've never seen anything as interesting before. This was the impression I had while watching "J'accuse", by Abel Gance, in my opinion one of the most impressive silent movies ever made.

14. Adam Suraf's rating of the film J'accuse

Coming on the heels of the armistice, Abel Gance makes the first, and arguably still the greatest of all anti-war films; a sweeping epic in which everyone, including the tragic love triangle at the center, is damned from the get-go. “The Big Parade”, “All Quiet on the Western Front”, and “Paths of Glory” follow down the line, but nothing is as powerful as Gance's dancing ring of skeletons.

15. Anton Williams's rating of the film J'accuse

The first silent movie which I watched fully. And I can't say that I didn't like. Thanks, Abel!