1. noice's rating of the film J. Edgar

2. Ethan's rating of the film J. Edgar

I give these film three stars because of Leonardo DiCaprio's performance. He went really deep into this character and delivered a heart felt and insightful performance. This is Clint Eastwood trying to be Scorsese.

3. Rita Alexandra's rating of the film J. Edgar

One of the most boring things I have ever put my eyes in :(

4. ceknklsn's rating of the film J. Edgar

5. James Mackin's rating of the film J. Edgar

That old man make-up on Leo does not cut it.

6. JK's rating of the film J. Edgar

7. Andrew Infante's rating of the film J. Edgar

8. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film J. Edgar

La figura emblemática enfrentada a esos fantasmas íntimos. Lo mejor de "J. Edgar" es cuando el develamiento del rostro homoerótico es sugerente, lo equívoco es cuando se muestra casi vulgar. Esa imagen de la madre castrante y represiva, como el ataque de celos de un amante.

9. Rininta Irientantya's rating of the film J. Edgar

10. flobota's rating of the film J. Edgar

surely, an interesting historical figure, but like most recent biopics just a blend movie and without carrying too much for domestic american history, it's also not too interesting and revealing. And no, I also don't care if he was gay or not.

11. milkshakespeare's rating of the film J. Edgar

çökmek üzere olan kapitalist sistemi öven sosyalizmi aşağılayan yazılarla başlıyor.amerika ile rusyanın soğuk savaş yıllarında başlayan cadı avı muhalif olan herkesi baskı ile susturduklarını,amerikada hala hiçbir sol hareketin uzun yıllardır olmamasından nasıl bastırıldığını tahmin edebilmek güç değil..yine güven kaybeden bi birim olan FBI övülüyor.

12. msmichel's rating of the film J. Edgar

Very well edited picture but with a script that seems to have been somewhat muted in its depiction of Hoover's private life. What should have been a career best performance for Leonardo DiCaprio however is overshadowed by Armie Hammer who steals every scene he is in. Tom Stern's camera work and fine makeup work add to the finished product. Not one of Eastwood's best but well worth seeing.

13. Elisou's rating of the film J. Edgar

Leo + Naomi + Ed Westwick :ohmygod:

14. Duncan Gray's rating of the film J. Edgar

Eastwood's streak of correcting and adjusting the lone American hero myth continues.

15. Myles O'Mara's rating of the film J. Edgar

It was good to know how the FBI was created. It was also good to know when, why and how the judicial system evolved to incorporate forensics and the scientific method, ornamenting a practically medieval description of justice. Everything else was a tangible drama, in excess of both flaws so distinct they seem almost taboo to comprehend, and dialogue furnished with the fascinating elucidation of details.

16. Roscoe's rating of the film J. Edgar

Is there a button where I can choose "I couldn't fucking care less about this stupid movie"?

17. Andrea Evangelista's rating of the film J. Edgar

no, non ho detto gioia, ma noia noia noia

18. A47's rating of the film J. Edgar

Sometimes you swing, sometimes you miss. Sometimes you swing and you miss -such is the case here.

19. Samuel Righi's rating of the film J. Edgar

20. Charolastra's rating of the film J. Edgar

Fail. The lighting is way too dark for no reason and i couldn't even concentrate on what the actors were saying with that shitty make up job. Boring and completely ignores the COINTELPRO years. And they make Tolson into a effing queen! This is my first Eastwood directed film and I'm not excited about seeing anything else of his.

21. Christopher Scott Zeidel's rating of the film J. Edgar

J. Edgar is what I thought it would be, or perhaps feared it would be. It is good and Leonardo DiCaprio is great, but it is often dry and tedious, covers way too much ground, way too many historical events, and too many decades to be appropriate for an only 137 minute film. The makeup is not very convincing and some viewers may find it distracting. Clint Eastwood has directed much better films.

22. doltcrow's rating of the film J. Edgar

The edge of boring...to PLEASE TURN THIS OFF BEFORE I KILL MYSELF

23. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film J. Edgar

an Eastwood's underachiever, 6/10 my review: http://lasttimeisawdotcom.wordpress.com/2012/09/18/last-film-i-saw-j-edgar/

24. pluviosity's rating of the film J. Edgar

one star, but I'd give another one for DiCaprio's effort..

← Previous 1 3 4