1. aurkihnowe's rating of the film J. Edgar

Spoilt alert! Hoover was a sexually repressed anal retentive Mama's boy with a steadily upramping sense of pure pointless power, purposeful only in it's own exercising...now do Senator McCarthy!!!! God knows they, if the records still existed, unredacted, the accounting would reveal more lives destroyed than saved.....speech off, soapbox in the shower....

2. _Lilith_'s rating of the film J. Edgar

Toby Jones was excellent. Leo less so.

3. FISCHER's rating of the film J. Edgar

Scrupuleux et solide biopic sur une figure marquante de l'histoire politico-policière des Etats-Unis, cette oeuvre solide et massive, construite à travers les mémoires que dicte Hoover à un plumitif de service, bien plus étayée que la version peu connue de L. Cohen , mérite surtout le détour pour l'extraordinaire interprétation de Di Caprio, décidément au sommet de ses moyens et de ses facettes... www.cinefiches.com

4. HKFanatic's rating of the film J. Edgar

At times DiCaprio's performance as the elderly Hoover feels like a cross between Orson Welles and Jon Voight, but I actually think Leo is quite good here. This feels like less of a personal statement than more recent Eastwood affairs, more like what you'd expect of an awards season biopic from 2011, but as in so many Westerns we watch as the myth an iconic American has built up around themselves slowly unravels.

5. Roslyn's rating of the film J. Edgar

I quite enjoyed this film, Leo DiCaprio as usual is good. But at the same time I was irritated that it tried to make me have empathy with an odious man by making it a love story. I'm a sucker for love stories, what can I say.

6. Matthew Catanzano's rating of the film J. Edgar

I'm not sure how much to take seriously from Clint Eastwood, or any possible interpretation of J. Edgar Hoover. With that being said, its a remarkable story and I admire the character portrayed.

7. Masoud Einabadi's rating of the film J. Edgar

8. no ice's rating of the film J. Edgar

9. Ethan's rating of the film J. Edgar

I give these film three stars because of Leonardo DiCaprio's performance. He went really deep into this character and delivered a heart felt and insightful performance. This is Clint Eastwood trying to be Scorsese.

10. Thomas Dods's rating of the film J. Edgar

Fine, but despite a committed performance from DiCaprio, this is an episodic biography which tries to shoehorn J Edgar's career into two hours and ends up saying nothing about the man at all.

11. Rita Alexandra's rating of the film J. Edgar

One of the most boring things I have ever put my eyes in :(

12. James Mackin's rating of the film J. Edgar

That old man make-up on Leo does not cut it.

13. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film J. Edgar

14. JK's rating of the film J. Edgar

15. Andrew Infante's rating of the film J. Edgar

16. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film J. Edgar

La figura emblemática enfrentada a esos fantasmas íntimos. Lo mejor de "J. Edgar" es cuando el develamiento del rostro homoerótico es sugerente, lo equívoco es cuando se muestra casi vulgar. Esa imagen de la madre castrante y represiva, como el ataque de celos de un amante.

17. Rininta Irientantya's rating of the film J. Edgar

18. flobota's rating of the film J. Edgar

surely, an interesting historical figure, but like most recent biopics just a blend movie and without carrying too much for domestic american history, it's also not too interesting and revealing. And no, I also don't care if he was gay or not.

19. milkshakespeare's rating of the film J. Edgar

çökmek üzere olan kapitalist sistemi öven sosyalizmi aşağılayan yazılarla başlıyor.amerika ile rusyanın soğuk savaş yıllarında başlayan cadı avı muhalif olan herkesi baskı ile susturduklarını,amerikada hala hiçbir sol hareketin uzun yıllardır olmamasından nasıl bastırıldığını tahmin edebilmek güç değil..yine güven kaybeden bi birim olan FBI övülüyor.

20. msmichel's rating of the film J. Edgar

Very well edited picture but with a script that seems to have been somewhat muted in its depiction of Hoover's private life. What should have been a career best performance for Leonardo DiCaprio however is overshadowed by Armie Hammer who steals every scene he is in. Tom Stern's camera work and fine makeup work add to the finished product. Not one of Eastwood's best but well worth seeing.

21. Elisou's rating of the film J. Edgar

Leo + Naomi + Ed Westwick :ohmygod:

22. Duncan Gray's rating of the film J. Edgar

Eastwood's streak of correcting and adjusting the lone American hero myth continues.

23. Myles O'Mara's rating of the film J. Edgar

It was good to know how the FBI was created. It was also good to know when, why and how the judicial system evolved to incorporate forensics and the scientific method, ornamenting a practically medieval description of justice. Everything else was a tangible drama, in excess of both flaws so distinct they seem almost taboo to comprehend, and dialogue furnished with the fascinating elucidation of details.

24. Roscoe's rating of the film J. Edgar

Is there a button where I can choose "I couldn't fucking care less about this stupid movie"?

← Previous 1 3 4