1. Aardsy's rating of the film Jabberwocky

Great atmosphere, few laughs.

2. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Jabberwocky

Gilliam's first solo outing is beyond juvenilia. It's rough, as narratives go, hit-and-miss in terms of laughs. But already it shows him as filmmaker with an eye: a back-and-forth between the absurdity of civilization and the filth that preceded it, a twisting of fairy tale convention, a taste for the grotesque, a skill with little comic details, and a belief that a Lewis Carroll word scramble might make total sense.

3. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Jabberwocky

I must be impervious to British humour because the film didn't make me laugh. I smiled a dozen times, yes, but that's all. Technically speaking, this movie has got also some editing problems especially during the tournament scenes. But all in all, the film looks like a collection of well photographed made for TV scenes. Frankly, I prefer to read again some French comics of the 70's that are FUNNY! Already forgotten.

4. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Jabberwocky

A grungy, often ill-paced trudge through medieval modes and motifs within a thin patina of comedy. Whilst mud and filth may have some historical fidelity, they hardly lend themselves to laughs instead creating a mismatched stew of japery, scatology and mild horror. However the grime is the only constant in this odd beast of a film.

5. FISCHER's rating of the film Jabberwocky

L'inénarrable esprit "Monty Python" www.cinefiches.com

6. Genre films > French New Wave's rating of the film Jabberwocky

Besides a couple funny moments (my favorite being the husband hiding under the bed and then he gets crushed), this movie is shoddily made and it drags.

7. Spencer Draper's rating of the film Jabberwocky

Quite enjoyable, a kind of cross between Holy Grail and Life of Brian. Doesn't really adhere to the Lewis Caroll tale but still includes it from time to time. Simple fun and a potato.