1. jananonloso's rating of the film Jack Goes Boating

Such a heartwarming film. At the beginning thought the film could become a bit dull because of the repressedly behaving characters, but instead it's amazing to see the efforts of Jack and the growth of love between two certainly not easily matchable people!

2. Michael Diers's rating of the film Jack Goes Boating

Ruhig erzählte Liebesgeschichte mit leicht humorvollem, aber auch melancholischem Unterton. Schön erzählt und auch am Ende sehr stimmig abgeschlossen! Durchaus sehenswert.

3. AVA's rating of the film Jack Goes Boating

Toller Philip Seymour Hoffmann.Nette Beziehungsgeschichte.

4. Jean Marc Grosdemouge's rating of the film Jack Goes Boating

On a l’impression (pas désagréable pour un quarter) de voir un « Little Miss Sunshine » sur les rives de l’Hudson, renforcé par le fait que Devotchka figure sur la B.O., mais le personnage central de l’histoire n’est pas la petite Olive Hoover, mais bien ce Jack aussi maladroit et hypersensible qu’attachant. Le feelgood movie est souvent synonyme de film creux. Celui-ci n’exclut pas un brin de psychologie.

5. BUSTER TIERNEY's rating of the film Jack Goes Boating

3,5/5 Film attachant par les faiblesses de ses personnages et la sensibilité de ses acteurs. PS Hoffman endosse parfaitement ce costume de gros panda pas du tout sûr de son charme...

6. m.jempson@btinternet.com's rating of the film Jack Goes Boating

What a sweet, sad little film this is. Tackling love between a socially inept couple egged on by their lively, sexy, more than adequate friends it takes an unsentimental look at life among the underdogs. An ensemble piece that momentarily upstages Whose Afraid of Virginia Woolf? and Carnage! What a talent we lost in Philip Seymour Hoffman RIP

7. SPQRNH's rating of the film Jack Goes Boating

Une petite merveille douce-amère signée Philip Seymour Hoffman. Simple et efficace.

8. fada19's rating of the film Jack Goes Boating

Excellent ! quelle humanité ! Beau et généreux film , merci

9. catweinz@gmail.com's rating of the film Jack Goes Boating

quelle merveille ce Philip Seymour Hofmann ! tristesse qu'il soit mort trop tôt...

10. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Jack Goes Boating

From GLAUDINI's great play that he acted on stage, HOFFMANN made his first, last & desperate film. At 42, ageless, defeated, exhausted, on drugs day & night. 3 years later he dies of an OD. Great music GRIZZLY BEAR == Après l'avoir jouée sur scène, HOFFMANN fait de la pièce de GLAUDINI un film désespéré. A 42 ans, sans âge, au bout du rouleau, il se filme se droguant matin & soir. 3 ans après il meurt d'une OD.

11. Ludovic72's rating of the film Jack Goes Boating

L'unique réalisation du très regretté Philip Seymour Hoffman est d'une étonnante humilité et d'un charme un peu bancal, à l'instar de son personnage principal. L'acteur y surpasse nettement le metteur en scène. Mais la grande honnêteté des dialogues et des situations, le rythme volontairement lent et le montage soigné en font un objet plus original qu'il n'y paraît, dans une tonalité proche de Woody Allen. (3,5 / 5)

12. Glue Sniffer's rating of the film Jack Goes Boating

Ten film świetnie opisuje tego Pana.

13. Ethan's rating of the film Jack Goes Boating

This is a solid film from Philip Seymour Hoffman who gave a great performance in front and behind the camera.

14. Polyglot's rating of the film Jack Goes Boating

Nice to see an interracial couple in an indie movie, isn't it?

15. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Jack Goes Boating

Not your usual sad sack sundance drama because obviously Seymour Hoffman was not your usual sad sack. The film starts quite unremarkably, but it just grows and sets it characters loose in interesting and believable ways, miraculously without annoying the shit out of me. The cast fucking sell it good.

16. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film Jack Goes Boating

I may well not have been in the mood but this was so subdued it was barely conscious.

17. Ari's rating of the film Jack Goes Boating

I only watched this film after Hoffman's death (as a completist), but his directorial debut is defiantly dull to the point of being almost comatose but also a mildly endearing and predictably quirky actorly indie of sad sack losers finding love. What is most surprising is not how good Hoffman is in his role but how generous he was to spread the warmth. It's a true ensemble piece and the others are as great as he is.

18. Checkpoint Charlie's rating of the film Jack Goes Boating

Has the mediocrity that one finds in daily life, the frustration in attaining and maintaining relationships, the dreary disappointment in plans going to shit. Too bad it was his only film as director, I think Philip had potential. :(

19. David Bernstein's rating of the film Jack Goes Boating

I saw the original play with Philip Seymour Hoffman in the title role. It was a gorgeous production, but aside from the nuanced acting, half the fun was the unique theatrical sensibility the director brought to the minimal, ultra-naturalistic writing. I don't know how that's going to translate in the movie: the whole thing seemed too ephemeral and delicate to be magnified on screen. Still excited to see this, though.

20. Edward Copeland's rating of the film Jack Goes Boating

Philip Seymour Hoffman makes a nice directing debut in this play adaptation which contains great performances from its four miin players, especially Amy Ryan and Daphne Rubin-Vega. http://eddieonfilm.blogspot.com/2011/02/if-you-want-to-swim-you-have-to-get-in.html

21. brandi cryer's rating of the film Jack Goes Boating

I love PSH in everything he does.

22. Roscoe's rating of the film Jack Goes Boating

The trailer is one of the most terrifying experiences you'll ever have. I wanted to hide under my seat. Not since the Texas Chainsaw Massacre has such horror filled the screen!

23. Cbarky99's rating of the film Jack Goes Boating

I know this is supposed to be Hoffman's show, but I was really surprised at how much John Ortiz's performance, for me, stood out as the brash, insecure, hopeful heart of the movie.

24. Westley's rating of the film Jack Goes Boating

Too quirky for its own good. Did anyone actually buy the Connie character? I didn't.