1. kartina obskura's rating of the film Jacob's Ladder

a constant nightmare. once you finally wake up it means you're gone

2. Sam's rating of the film Jacob's Ladder

Incredibly unsettling throughout, which is the mark of a good horror. The constant flitting between realities left you questioning things all the way through. I was going to give it a lower score because of the ending's predictability, but then I thought about it and realised that was the point. This movie is all about Jacob's journey to realisation, not the obvious destination. A landmark horror movie.

3. Charolastra's rating of the film Jacob's Ladder

The influence of this film is felt in horror today. Great performances and amazing effects. Still frightening nearly 20 years later.

4. Trunfos's rating of the film Jacob's Ladder

7,7. I recommend the video of Ragnar Rox for further explanation and enlightment of this film. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JltJ6Xoglo

5. João R's rating of the film Jacob's Ladder

What an underwhelming treachery.

6. miss piggy's rating of the film Jacob's Ladder

booboo garbage ending *update: well ACTUALLY I change my mind. this film's greatest fault is that little bit we hear about the main character's palm during the party scene.

7. Genre films > French New Wave's rating of the film Jacob's Ladder

Mainstream Hollywood's version of a David Lynch film, so it naturally feels slick and in some ways more confusing than a Lynch film; its Hollywood structure feels at odds with its nightmare nature. Nevertheless, it is effective. It's also nice to see Jason Alexander in a cast against type role. Bruce Joel Rubin, who wrote this and Ghost, definitely had a voice.

8. Bob's rating of the film Jacob's Ladder

It brings unique atmosphere of urban dread and infested interiors that are appropriately combined with existential crisis and nightmares. Unfortunately, the script doesn't hold well with idiosyncratic vision – the plot is carelessly complex and quotes fail to sound poetic, but are rather pretentiously lifeless. Tim Robbins is miscast as a character who is too sloppy to be anything other than that.

9. Skinnedteen's rating of the film Jacob's Ladder

The ending is so definitive that it seems like a cheat to find closure. Otherwise, it feels like you're spiraling down to one hellish nightmare after another, stuck in a deep sleep paralysis where no one can wake you up!

10. barış uçar's rating of the film Jacob's Ladder

little macaulay culkin was so cute.

11. Fabiha's rating of the film Jacob's Ladder

"The only thing that burns in Hell is the part of you that won't let go of life - your memories, your attachments. The devil will burn them all away. He is not punishing you. He is freeing your soul. So if you're frightened of dying and and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth."

12. luís debonoir's rating of the film Jacob's Ladder

13. Lucas Alcazar's rating of the film Jacob's Ladder

Clever adaptation of the Bardo Thodol.

14. MistaRichard's rating of the film Jacob's Ladder

I'm sorry, but the ending kind of ruins it for me.

15. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Jacob's Ladder

Rewatched and re-loved. Are you living? Are you dreaming? https://vimeo.com/79603645

16. VivianDarkbloom's rating of the film Jacob's Ladder

"If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. If you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth". This quote hits me to hard. It's a moral relativism, but also a statement of mind. Depends on how you feel. PTSD is really a disturbing thing.

17. Mariana Mara Nascimento's rating of the film Jacob's Ladder

18. Glue Sniffer's rating of the film Jacob's Ladder

jeden z lepszych horrorów jakie kiedykolwiek widziałem

19. saint-genet's rating of the film Jacob's Ladder

I feel catfished by this movie.

20. marco's rating of the film Jacob's Ladder

nolan see this list first before making

21. Stefano Pedrocchi's rating of the film Jacob's Ladder

22. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film Jacob's Ladder

La película goza de unas atmósferas inquietantes y muy logradas a lo largo de su metraje. Lamentablemente el interés se pierde a medida que se va volviendo obvia y explicativa en su discurso. La escena del protagonista ascendiendo al cielo de la mano de su hijo es terriblemente cursi.

23. lowplacelikehome's rating of the film Jacob's Ladder

24. Malt Frisky's rating of the film Jacob's Ladder

It's no surprise that the premise and the disturbing imaginary had an influence on the future of horror (surprise, I'm a Silent Hill fan). Mixing a blend of psychological horror and nightmare into what is and isn't real. But on a repeated viewing it loses some of it's edge. I feel Tim Robbins wasn't quite right for the part (still well acted) and it goes just a bit too long. Still, this style of horror is rare.

← Previous 1 3 4