1. FISCHER's rating of the film Jamaica Inn

Une excellente performance de Charles Laughton dans le rôle ambivalent de Sir Pengaltan, noble personnage le jour, et démon sans pitié, la nuit... www.cinefiches.com

2. Matthew Catanzano's rating of the film Jamaica Inn

A hell of a film, every cast member perfectly cast. I've deducted a star for bad sound again. I've seen the film probably a half dozen times or more and only have fully followed the dialogue that the movie is made of two or three times. And that is only for my having known the plot and ending.

3. Alberto Funkledink's rating of the film Jamaica Inn

Good old Alf does it again, swashbuckling stuff, a shot across the bows of the corrupted aristocracy. Tally ho!

4. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Jamaica Inn

5. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Jamaica Inn

To me a megalomaniac sociopath pimping a gang of massacring thugs, is as disturbing as a psycho knifing a showering chic. This one is a must!

6. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Jamaica Inn

7. Eugene Kotlyarenko's rating of the film Jamaica Inn

another INCREDIBLE underrated hitchcok

8. Rattzz Matanzano's rating of the film Jamaica Inn

Make sure you get a version where dialogue is audible, lots of crappy copies out there!

9. Sin título.'s rating of the film Jamaica Inn

Gran escenificación, secuencias audaces, drama, crimen, traición, corrupciones y una Maureen O'Hara como atractiva debutante, todo conjugado para que 1939 fuera un año en el que Hitchcock daría un gran teaser de lo que años más tarde se consideraría cine de culto.

10. Hikaru's rating of the film Jamaica Inn

The movie is centered around two spectacular shipwreck scenes with outstanding uses of the wind, but the rest of it suffers from weak characterization of the hero and humorless tone. Laughton pretty much steals the show with his exaggerated kabuki-like performances. Recommended for Hitchcock fans only.

11. Tom JF's rating of the film Jamaica Inn

A ham-tastic performance by Laughton, a barely disguised soundstage doubling as Cornwall and the sheer insanity of casting Robert Newton as the romantic lead make this an enjoyable mess that was more entertaining than I expected.

12. chanandre's rating of the film Jamaica Inn

[Cinémathèque PT #18: 35 mm] Love laughton's catchphrase "oh chaaaaadwick!".

13. Jake Stevens's rating of the film Jamaica Inn

You can see the hint of Hitch's greatness to come with this film, as there are some decently suspenseful moments tucked away in the corners. My biggest gripe is Charles Laughton...I mean, c'mon, just look at the photo above. Mr. Laughton overplays his part to the hilt, but if I HAVE to throw him a compliment, his scenes are arguable the most interesting in the entire film. For early Hitchcock...you could do worse.