1. smndvdcl's rating of the film Jane Eyre

Arguably, the most authentic adaptation of Charlotte Brontë's classic novel. Toby Stephens hones the sardonic misanthropy of Rochester with finesse, Ruth Wilson captures the depth beneath the surface of Jane. A TV-series length lends itself to the breadth of the novel that other feature film versions lack. Whilst the cinematography and score is functional, the narrative arc is exposited with a gracious verve.

2. coreative's rating of the film Jane Eyre

Best adaptation I've seen so far. Stays true to the pace and the tone of the story. Very raw and down to earth. The cast is exceptional - Ruth Wilson and Toby Stephen just have amazing chemistry.

3. Noiresque's rating of the film Jane Eyre

Ruth Wilson elevated this quite trendish production by virtue of her performance. I don't know if she will make the leap from theatre and television to film, but she is luminous enough to be noticeable in cinemas.

4. Hazel Cills's rating of the film Jane Eyre

I don't like the story of Jane Eyre because she is one of my least favorite literary characters of all time. Jane is dopey, prudish, and overall annoying. Ruth Wilson was also annoying and dopey, so she played it well! I was equally frustrated with her as I was with Jane in the book! Bravo! God I hate this story!

5. fleur de chair's rating of the film Jane Eyre

Possibly the worst, most miscast Rochester I have ever seen. The hammy, heavy-handed romance novel overtones they tried to impose on this story were completely inappropriate and unnecessary. Gag.