1. anacecil's rating of the film Jane Eyre

Maravillosa obra basada en la novela del mismo nombre

2. Arthur Freitas's rating of the film Jane Eyre

Fukunaga gives JANE EYRE the conturbed film it deserves.

3. smndvdcl's rating of the film Jane Eyre

A commendable adaptation with some flaws. Now, I love Michael Fassbender in a variety of films but he is arguably miscast as Rochester. Mia Wasikowski is also an exceptional actress who is not plain enough to play Jane Eyre. There is only so much the director can achieve in a 2-hour film length. It has its merits but is not the definitive adaptation.

4. Ilona Tru's rating of the film Jane Eyre

5. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Jane Eyre

The novel is notable for remaining at a consistent emotional frenzy even in the face of its own density, and though the script for this adaptation is streamlined considerably it can't keep up the pace with its source material. That said, Fukunaga has a magic touch with young actors, and aesthetically it's so exquisite that it's near impossible to not recommend on some level.

6. Auranee's rating of the film Jane Eyre

Mia Wasikowska as Jane Eyre is really a revelation. Her performance & the aesthetic perfection of this moody, turbulent film make it one of the few I've wished I could experience again for the first time.

7. Sois--Gentil's rating of the film Jane Eyre

God created her for play to this role. Love Mia!

8. alphonse's rating of the film Jane Eyre

Beautifully shot and featuring strong performances, Fukunaga's adaptation of the classic novel is an atmospheric and expertly crafted movie that easily establishes itself as one of the very finest costume dramas of our time, even if not devoid of flaws, such as the absence of the extra layers of mystery and gloom. Nonetheless, Cary still proves to be one of the most talented & promising young voices of modern cinema.

9. auloel's rating of the film Jane Eyre

MIA WASIKOWSKA ADALAH KOENTJI

10. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Jane Eyre

11. güneycan's rating of the film Jane Eyre

5-stars because I don't know whether/how it could be shot any better.

12. Sara Gaspar's rating of the film Jane Eyre

3+. Can't really enjoy Mia Wasikowska's acting.

13. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Jane Eyre

This version thoroughly understands the Gothic in its source. By turns frighteningly romantic and sublimely atmospheric - everything about the production is so solid the deep complexities in the story appear effortless. What deserves an even more honorable mention is the cinematography that lingers in the dark corners of the castle and the bags under Rochester's eyes more than the charm of Victorian gardens.

14. Ordet Ordet's rating of the film Jane Eyre

15. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Jane Eyre

Very strong, moving & touching start, Very good camera, beautiful landscape shots. Perfection in all details: colors, cloths, accessories. Excellent performances of all actors; specifically of Mia Wasikowska. In the middle and towards the end there are little hangovers, but it doesn't spoil anything. Overall "Jane Eyre" is a beautiful love story about two tortured souls. Very good, entertaining cinema.

16. VincentVendetta's rating of the film Jane Eyre

Actors, ideas, vistas, all thrown out in the air without any sense of direction. How very British.

17. tenonder's rating of the film Jane Eyre

18. Huey McEvoy's rating of the film Jane Eyre

No doubt Mia Wasikowska is a fine actress, but as in Tracks, Stoker and so on, her cool, steady blankness renders each performances a little too impenetrable for me, and I rarely *care* for her characters. The film wisely focusses on a single chunk of the book, and Fukunaga captures the social mores and Northern moors perfectly, but her Jane is just too distant to root for.

19. Siaudebert's rating of the film Jane Eyre

20. spiderliliez's rating of the film Jane Eyre

Jane Eyre is strong and true to herself, in a way that she wouldn't back down when she knows she is right. Mia Wasikowska and that mousy demeanor seem to have worked portraying Jane Eyre so well. She's a reasonable character. Michael Fassbender was equally a valuable part of how this works. I am not exactly a fan of the book, nor the actual story. But respect for making a good adaptation.

21. lisa's rating of the film Jane Eyre

this is the nicest looking adaptation of jane eyre i've ever seen, it reminded me of andrea arnold's wuthering heights

22. Deiner's rating of the film Jane Eyre

Beautiful cinematography

23. Terri Wise's rating of the film Jane Eyre

24. f-nanda's rating of the film Jane Eyre

I cant get pass how much I dont like Mia Wasikovska's performance. THAT BEING SAID, two Mr. Rochester to go, please.

← Previous 1 3 4 5