1. FISCHER's rating of the film Jane Eyre

Un mélodrame intéressant qui fut un grand succès commercial de l'époque... www.cinefiches.com

2. SpacePirate's rating of the film Jane Eyre

Welles dominates this film so considerably that its almost like he made it himself. Not only does he steal basically every scene hes in, but some of the indoor shots are very reminiscent of Ambersons for me. A young Liz Taylor also gives a fine performance. I am not that familiar with Joan Fontaine. Need to check out more of her work. Nice adaptation

3. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Jane Eyre

4. film_lies101's rating of the film Jane Eyre

Great atmosphere and Welles is hilariously over the top

5. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Jane Eyre

Welles' performance and influence on this film is a sight to behold.

6. Knut Morte's rating of the film Jane Eyre

A young Elizabeth Taylor. Once Jane Eyre leaves Lowood it becomes so fairytale like, becomes a love story. That didn't matter to me, where's the revenge on that guy with the tea cup who killed Helen? The happiest part is when you learn that fat kid kills himself and the mother had a stroke.

7. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Jane Eyre

A mystery: How much influence did Orson Welles have over Robert Stevenson? On the evidence of this film, I would say it was considerable.

8. Simon So's rating of the film Jane Eyre

9. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film Jane Eyre

Classic adaptation of Charlotte Bronte's oft-filmed novel is classic Hollywood filmmaking at its best. It could easily verge on melodrama, but the brilliantly rendered atmosphere makes it into a mesmerizing gothic tale, with its superb black and white photography and Bernard Herrmann's lush score, as well as the star presence of Orson Welles and Joan Fontaine. A true classic.