1. Dale Bentham's rating of the film Janis: Little Girl Blue

3.5 big Janis fan but they made it too 'poor me' with the cat power voice over. Sure Janis was real vulnerable and had sad life on most part but she was also a fucking badass. There were more interesting parts of her life

2. AVA's rating of the film Janis: Little Girl Blue

Einwunderbarer Film über eine bewunderns-und bedauerndswerte Frau.

3. Emir's rating of the film Janis: Little Girl Blue

Schöne und ergreifende Dokumentation über Janis Joplin. Ich konnte bisher nicht viel mit ihrer Musik anfangen aber nach dieser Doku versteht man alles etwas besser und ich konnte ihren Schmerz durch die Musik fühlen.

4. filmotrope's rating of the film Janis: Little Girl Blue

What this excellent and well-directed documentary does so well is create a profoundly nuanced portrait of a sensitive, three-dimensional woman who only wanted to be happy, and it may not tell everything about her (how could it?) but offers a touching look at her complex character. http://www.filmotrope.com

5. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Janis: Little Girl Blue

A mostly disappointing and mediocre documentary with too many boring biographical details mediated by hearsay and if-I-remember-right talk. There is too little focus on Joplin's specific style and its impact. But the idea of inserting the contents of letters is good, as well as most of the concert scenes.

6. Cid Medeiros's rating of the film Janis: Little Girl Blue

The tale of how a beautiful and sweet soul can be destroyed by the ugliness of the world. Even though Janis lived in one of the greatest and unique social moments in history, she couldn't get over the pain that ironically has helped her shape her own character. This piece has achieved a great deal by successfully portraying this narrative with marvelous performances well placed throughout the documentary.

7. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film Janis: Little Girl Blue

3.5 // some melodramatic cliche structure but whoah, janice is worth all the stars <3

8. Etl Galcés's rating of the film Janis: Little Girl Blue

I expected more of a 2015 film about Janis than a show I could see in bio...

9. El Biffo's rating of the film Janis: Little Girl Blue

3.5 This is ok for what it is, I guess. Too much interviews with people sitting around talking, I hate that. They should show other stuff while people are talking, cinema is not radio! And when I screened it for friends who had never seen her performance at Monterey Pop, I wound up cutting away from that film to a You Tube of the actual performance. It isn't bad, but this isn't my idea of great film making.

10. Samuel Donath's rating of the film Janis: Little Girl Blue

4.5 stars Fantastic. You've gotta see this.

11. bryanvmh's rating of the film Janis: Little Girl Blue

A good sign that someone is a douchebag is if they say, "She was the first woman that really inspired me" as though that was a good thing.

12. msmichel's rating of the film Janis: Little Girl Blue

Worth seeing for the wealth of performance footage alone as well as the choice editing throughout. Joplin was of course a force of nature and a pioneer for women in the rock n roll field but her personal demons were her undoing which is evident here. Berg for the most part lets the music tell the tale and those who were there and wisely saves the adulations from current performers for the credits.

13. Z's rating of the film Janis: Little Girl Blue

Very nicely done. The filmmakers have the good sense to get out of the way and let Janis tell the story through her music and her words. I feel like too many stylistic cinematic devices would have distracted from this beautiful artist's searing, soulful pain and ferocious, agonized talent. Feeling good was obviously not good enough for her. Her music speaks to the yearning romantic in all of us. Janis was singular.

14. Lauren Burrell's rating of the film Janis: Little Girl Blue

15. Caitlin's rating of the film Janis: Little Girl Blue

Janis remains unknowable, perhaps she always will.

16. tabsz's rating of the film Janis: Little Girl Blue

17. kokeshi's rating of the film Janis: Little Girl Blue

Quando si parla di Janis non riesco mai ad essere obiettiva...

18. Polyglot's rating of the film Janis: Little Girl Blue

I never knew she was influenced from Otis Redding and other black complementary soul singers.

19. Luz Sabina's rating of the film Janis: Little Girl Blue

Material documental invaluable...hilo conductor desvanecido.

20. Thomas's rating of the film Janis: Little Girl Blue

I feel fans will gain the most out of this competent but rather mundane documentary. No doubt a fascinating, emotionally rich and attractive subject to film, hers was a tragic story full of vulnerability, genuine heartfelt warmth and positive determination. This one just missed though.

21. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Janis: Little Girl Blue

22. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Janis: Little Girl Blue

“Janis: Little Girl Blue” was competently directed and structured, but I was unable to feel a similar arresting empathy and vibrancy of other recent documentaries about musicians such as “Cobain: Montage of Heck” or “Amy”.

23. Kamran's rating of the film Janis: Little Girl Blue

A well told, if a bit overly conventional, document of Janis Joplin's turbulent life. 74/100 - Good.

24. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film Janis: Little Girl Blue

Sensitivity, vulnerability, talent and fame can be a tragic combination.