1. Chris CS's rating of the film Jarhead

Watch "Hearts and Minds" instead, right now.

2. MistaRichard's rating of the film Jarhead

Really well directed, and the cinematography is almost beyond belief.

3. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film Jarhead

4. Elia Canevascini's rating of the film Jarhead

Film semplice e diretto che parla sulla seconda guerra del golfo. Un po' di nicchia ma da vedere almeno una volta. La fotografia e le inquadrature sono degne di nota.

5. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film Jarhead

Dimenticati i soliti sentimenti patriottici e gli eroismi che affollano le storie di guerra americane, questo film dipinge un ritratto dettagliato della follia che sta dietro i Marine americani, detti "Jarhead", e le loro guerre. L'assurdità dei comportamenti, le futili motivazioni e il malato sadismo xenofobo muovono una critica pungente verso le forze armate statunitensi. Direzione della fotografia da capogiro.

6. smndvdcl's rating of the film Jarhead

Like a fine wine, this dystopian war drama has aged superbly. Mendes cynically explores the plight of jaded soldiers and the socio-cultural malaise of war in limbo. As revealing about gender dysfunctions as it is about political conflict. Gyllenhaal nails it.

7. Ana Sousa's rating of the film Jarhead

"We call this friendly fire, or friendly fucking or getting friendly fucked."

8. auloel's rating of the film Jarhead

Menjanjikan di awal. Mentah di akhir

9. güneycan's rating of the film Jarhead

"You know why I don't [quit military and get a job of 100,000K a year]? Because I like this job.." The sergeant is back to square one, the jarheads are back to square one, the country is back to square one. Everyone and everything is back to square one... The movie tells you, in a modest, realistic and satirical way that all is utterly arbitrary and meaningless.

10. Renton47's rating of the film Jarhead

That we get so many genres within the war genre itself is one of the things that keeps me returning to it. This one (my fav Mendes) has the benefit of being both a great black comedy and a terrific satire/depiction on the conditions which breed violence as an outlook on life. Death is literally depicted as the goal which will provide these solider's meaning for existence, so masculine war games follow naturally.

11. Jeremy Ashlyn's rating of the film Jarhead

12. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Jarhead

13. Jose Guzman's rating of the film Jarhead

Es una película visualmente buena, contiene varios aspectos muy bien realizados, tiene un uso del color no tan marcado, aunque en las tonalidades rojas y naranjas resaltan bastante bien, un ejemplo seria algunos de los atardeceres y las llamas , la mayoría de las tomas utilizadas son con planos medios e inserts aunque también se utiliza el zoom en los personajes o acciones claves de la película

14. Güattarii's rating of the film Jarhead

Esta película tiene una connotación política importante. Estados Unidos se reivindica como una figura omnipotente y "buena" en el momento de conseguir sus intereses a costa de la locura de sus soldados. Enfermiza y humana es la travesía en el desierto en el que el miedo al otro es una motivación esencial como coartada a una explotación del petroleo indiscriminada y cruel. A la mierda los congresistas estado unidenses

15. Maura Rivera's rating of the film Jarhead

this movie show a different perspective from a war

16. Malik's rating of the film Jarhead

Nice soundtrack. Otherwise silly.

17. Vincent Caramela's rating of the film Jarhead

Is it just me or is this quite possibly the most homoerotic war film ever made? I guess Mendes had to install sexual tension somewhere since there were no female characters for him to shit all over.

18. galuh indri's rating of the film Jarhead

"If losing mind however, no standard solution exist." -Anthony Swofford

19. Don't Get Nasty Brother's rating of the film Jarhead

20. Ghostman's rating of the film Jarhead

Comes off less like anti-war and more so like 'didn't it suck that we didn't get to kill people!'. Not too big on Sam Mendes

21. Isiah Donté Lee's rating of the film Jarhead

22. Caden Cotard's rating of the film Jarhead

An incendiary, pitch-black look at the first Gulf War. Jake Gyllenhaal is brilliant here, jumping from amicable to terrifying to pathetic all in one go. It’s also funny as hell. Where The Hurt Locker was more of a fictional documentary, just presenting events, Jarhead has a clear political commentary, in the form of Gyllenhaal’s voiceover. Also, he’s shirtless a good percentage of the time. Always a plus.

23. IndyLIVE's rating of the film Jarhead

An admirable film with fearless performances and unbelievably evocative cinematography (can we expect anything less from Roger Deakins?). This is a challenging movie and I don't like that so many people dismiss it. I'm not into war movies, I don't particularly like the army, but this film offered a lot for me to think about. Mainly, the reality of being in a war zone. It's not all shooting and explosions, you know.

24. pedromrocha's rating of the film Jarhead