1. Andre Flickatina's rating of the film JCVD

loved it. ten times better than seagal

2. abyantama's rating of the film JCVD

3. Khach Glauberrocha's rating of the film JCVD

I really love this, so rich and touching, authentic while full of other film references.. The theme concerns the duality of human face.. Very well composed film, and I have to say I miss TIFF midnight madness, I would love to have watched JCVD there

4. Kortirion's rating of the film JCVD

JCVD functions at a much higher, more enlightened plane than his other 'action hero' counterparts (seems to not be a globalist puppet as per recent ramblings). This intelligence is on display here with moments of poignancy but remains unfocused - a collection of musings and overdone shots.

5. kris's rating of the film JCVD

I don't know ? perhaps this had a hidden message? like his a nice guy or he has feelings. I just don't think it's a good film. JC your a nice guy now make some decent movies.

6. Albrecht B. Christoph's rating of the film JCVD

Ein Film, der wie ich glaube wirklich speziell Van Damme und auch speziell belgisch ist. Man könnte meinen, dass die kleinen Schwächen, die auf geringes Budget zurückzuführen sind, auch noch gewollt waren.

7. Terry_Moby's rating of the film JCVD

Mild entertainment, maybe an important film for the star.

8. Kiwimaniac's rating of the film JCVD

9. Kamran's rating of the film JCVD

The action star uses film within film to blend document and fiction in this poignant take of his life. An amazing monologue. 74/100- Good

10. sebastiaen's rating of the film JCVD

Amazing movie! Extremely fun to watch! This is probably one of the best movie I've seen this decade.

11. Mtume Gant's rating of the film JCVD

3.5 Total surprise, that at times doesn't all the way deliver but has a few moments of inspired depth and creativity and to top it all off Van Damme is actually quite excellent acting in this picture as he is clearly using it as an opportunity to purge in public (that crane monologue sequence is fantastic). Respect at being able to poke at yourself and the image created.

12. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film JCVD

JCVD is thematically strong and contains a few very powerful scenes, but the movie is poorly structured, and visually it’s unbearably awful.

13. Bob's rating of the film JCVD

Finally Van Damme shows some self-irony; this suits him. The self-deprecating humour is what distinguishes the sheep from the goats, not all actors have this versatility. Seagal, who takes himself too seriously, limits himself to play the same roles over and over again. Although this is an interesting film by Van Damme standards, only audience aware of Van Damme's past will fully get all the references and humour.

14. Redrum4's rating of the film JCVD

This actually makes me respect JCVD, much props for this movie. So unexpected and brilliant

15. Cruth A Bháis's rating of the film JCVD

Seppure non sia una perfetta gemma, di certo consiglio di vederlo.

16. ineffable.epithet's rating of the film JCVD

I still laugh just thinking about the premise of this movie. That said, it wasn't very good.

17. Alexandre Ovídio's rating of the film JCVD

Van Damme, o homem que consegue fazer uma espargata enquanto franze as sobrancelhas à Richard Gere, desenvolve inesperadamente uma auto-consciência e lida com o seu envelhecimento, as drogas, a ilusão que os seus filmes transmitem, a sua fragilidade como homem, pai e filho, e vedeta. Aposto que nunca pensou que o seu melhor momento no cinema seria a verter uma lágrima e não a fazer um rotativo.

18. Francisco R.'s rating of the film JCVD

This is such a curious piece of something, and definitely not a good something. To me, it will always prevail as a statement of what might happen if you choose to dedicate your life to something you were never meant to do in the first place. Mr. Van Damme could have been a great martial arts instructor, but nooo... he wanted to do better!!. Now look at what your life has come to.

19. Terje Melbø's rating of the film JCVD

Jean-Claude Van Damme from a different (and better) view. Have som impressive moments from JCVD himself, and not least the long-takes. (wich the movie is using freaquently).

20. Lthm2's rating of the film JCVD

I can't tell if it's good, but I definitely liked it. Always been a fan of Vandamme and there are some touching, primal moments in this which make it worth seeing. The monologue of JCVD at the end of the story is very strong. The director has also done some work and sometimes it's even interesting from its perspective.

21. Phil Worfel's rating of the film JCVD

Loved it. Van Damme is absolutely convincing and showcases dramatic chops I would have never believed. Why this hasn't completely revitalized his career is beyond me.

22. FailedImitator's rating of the film JCVD

It was good, not great. I liked it a lot though.

23. Henrique Amud's rating of the film JCVD

Wow, this was kind of really good. Trashy and ridiculous enough to be funny and sensitive enough to be compelling. I almost feel like going out and rent some JCVD classics...nah!

24. Tyler Aikens's rating of the film JCVD

Not a great movie by any stretch of the imagination, but JCVD gives a soliloquy near the end of the film that is both surprising and unforgettable.