1. blueboy's rating of the film Je t'aime, je t'aime

2. Aditya Watts's rating of the film Je t'aime, je t'aime

3. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Je t'aime, je t'aime

This highlights how Alain Resnais really was a grandmaster of depicting time and memory in cinema, highlighted through its impressive editing and cinematography!

4. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film Je t'aime, je t'aime

Je t'aime, je t'aime is an interesting essay on memory and time, two topics Resnais often contemplates on in his films. While this particular movie shares some characteristics that can be traced down his oeuvre, it's also quite distinct due to its editing. The latter turns it into a compelling meta-reflection on the powers of cinema itself.

5. Sean Patrick Stevens's rating of the film Je t'aime, je t'aime

Easily One of the best sci if films ever made.

6. Balthaz21's rating of the film Je t'aime, je t'aime

7. Frederica Bepler's rating of the film Je t'aime, je t'aime

There are a lot of time travel films that owe a debt to this one. A semi-forgotten classic.

8. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Je t'aime, je t'aime

9. Jason's rating of the film Je t'aime, je t'aime

Ah, Resnais once again plundering the mind-vault of an untapped literary resource (Jacques Sternberg, scenarist). T'was his thing. Canny of him. Anyhoo: we are dealing here w/ the most high-concept of ridiculous sci-fi conceits, and we are dealing w/ Resnais, so we are, by default, dealing in absurdity and melancholy. Cool. The power of the form makes forgivable the absurd machinations intended to make it palatable.

10. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Je t'aime, je t'aime

I think this film deserves more attention. It shows that it is possible to make a lower budget science fiction movie without CGI or enormous budgets. This one makes you think.

11. Zac Weber's rating of the film Je t'aime, je t'aime

A dense, cyclical cinematic exploration of time and memory. The film is edited in a highly original way that reinforces the narrative, and the ending is quite a trip.

12. João Eça's rating of the film Je t'aime, je t'aime

An excuse to shoot a story without any linearity. It lacks all the profound meditation on time and memory of "Hiroshima", "Marienbad" or "Muriel" ("Muriel" being one of Resnais' most underlooked and complex films). The ending has some sense of tragedy and the final shot has a powerful metaphorical resonance. That's about it.

13. Madison Killough's rating of the film Je t'aime, je t'aime

A fleeting stream - reality exists in memory as a string of surreal yet seamless, singular experience.

14. Jesse Furgurson's rating of the film Je t'aime, je t'aime

One of the more precipitous tumbles down the proverbial rabbit hole in cinema. Witty, playful, devastating.

15. José Neves's rating of the film Je t'aime, je t'aime

Cinematography by Jean Boffety.

16. Tara Violet's rating of the film Je t'aime, je t'aime

17. amirecki's rating of the film Je t'aime, je t'aime

DOES ANYBODY know the name of the piece from the scene where they sit and listen to a vinyl? Starts off with blaring industrial sounds but then moves into lush orchestra. Don't think its Penderecki. You can also hear it 55 seconds into this trailer: https://vimeo.com/85986298

18. sewslow's rating of the film Je t'aime, je t'aime

Where Marienbad deals with mysterious, muddled memories, this deals with highly disorganized and fragmented memories, but with more of a sci-fi flavor. Je t'aime Je t'aime unveils effects before causes.

19. Kelvane's rating of the film Je t'aime, je t'aime

Wow first film I've encountered YET not on Netflix. Sounds good too =(.

20. Ana Costa's rating of the film Je t'aime, je t'aime

Catrine: sem documentos, emprego, família ou amigos, tudo por opção; triste, eternamente triste; a inventar expressões que não existem, como dizer que tem "terror", em vez de dizer que tem medo; adora o sol mas não pode vê-lo porque não consegue parar de pensar que ele vai deixar de existir;

21. Thirdi Canggi's rating of the film Je t'aime, je t'aime

Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind should call Je t'aime, je t'aime 'Father'.

22. Black Irish's rating of the film Je t'aime, je t'aime

Penderecki wrote the score?! Ok, this just went waaaay up as a must-see.

23. Brittany Quinn's rating of the film Je t'aime, je t'aime

I'm a bit obsessed with this film; to me it's sort of a noble failure. Saw it at two in the morning at a time in my life where I was depressed. I don't believe all the fragments come together but there's something about it all.

24. In An Expression Of The Inexpressible's rating of the film Je t'aime, je t'aime

I liked the atmosphere of the movie and the puzzle you have to put together. But the only real problems I have with it is that the sci-fi factor, the traveling in time, doesn't change or influences the actually theme or story of the movie. If this element wouldn't be in the movie it could be shot in the same matter, showing glimses of memory. Except of the ending that is, but I still don't know what to think about it