1. Max Chervin's rating of the film Je, tu, il, elle

2. Amanda Violetto's rating of the film Je, tu, il, elle

3. Sara Delshad's rating of the film Je, tu, il, elle

4. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Je, tu, il, elle

5. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film Je, tu, il, elle

Isolation, writing, eating, traveling, & sex - all parts of what Akerman does in her directorial feature-length debut, also stars in as well. There are moments where you'll think you might yawn on how she does her daily routine & road trip before seeing her lover, but her style in camerawork & storytelling has a lot to tell & can get some into feeling like you're with her in the film when viewing the first time. <3

6. EdieEmm's rating of the film Je, tu, il, elle

Three very 'male' literary/cinematic tropes: The intense, consuming, artist's isolation; the rootless nighttime wanderer of highways, diners, lonely encounters; the rakish ex-lover, always charming their way back... Embodied by a woman. And it strikes me that this is the very 1st time I've gotten to see that... Not a great film, despite some neat formalism. But I'd show it to every young non-male artist I could. 3.5

7. jo's rating of the film Je, tu, il, elle

8. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Je, tu, il, elle

9. xuxuxush's rating of the film Je, tu, il, elle

Akerman is sensitive to time, space, and the elements, and light-hearted towards queer desolation.

10. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Je, tu, il, elle

11. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Je, tu, il, elle

It's about love. There are elements of performance art, particularly in the first part. Something is narrated and then performed. I love the sugar, because that is so accurate as a form of desperation. The second part is like a silent documentary. Then there is a narrative. Lastly there is a seduction and lovemaking. "Leap and dance and kiss whom you please."

12. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Je, tu, il, elle

A forgettable early film from Akerman. However, Akerman does show her commitment by starring herself and engaging in a lesbian sex scene that most other directors directing themselves probably wouldn’t have tried. She’s baring her soul in a more daring way than most auteurs.

13. Aditya Watts's rating of the film Je, tu, il, elle

Sometimes I feel minimalism is a cop out but then I'm in the right mood and absorbed in the unique rythm.

14. ermete polpette's rating of the film Je, tu, il, elle

15. Kelley Dong's rating of the film Je, tu, il, elle

dont know how much of it is about "sex" and "romance" as much as it is about space, freedom, waiting......

16. nessmj's rating of the film Je, tu, il, elle

slightly at a loss for words. longer static shots exposing us to a certain intimacy in quiet moments with Akerman make us feel the passage of time. narrating actions slightly before they happen make us wait for them to happen, sound edited in such a way to make the action feel disconnected from the moment.

17. LAB ARBUTA's rating of the film Je, tu, il, elle

18. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Je, tu, il, elle

19. Patrick John's rating of the film Je, tu, il, elle

Has some pretty shots. This movie is so pure but I had a problem with the plot.

20. Zac Weber's rating of the film Je, tu, il, elle

Chantal Akerman has an uncanny ability to mine emotion out of people on the periphery of society. The sexual intimacy feels radical but honest—a true mark of artistry.

21. Loud Rocks's rating of the film Je, tu, il, elle

22. daftnymph's rating of the film Je, tu, il, elle

sloppy, depressed, narcissistic recluse, with sexual urges (!), akerman exerts: I dare indulge myself. before abdellatif kechiche and lena dunham, there was chantal akerman - who portrayed the female body and lesbian sex with radical audacity.

23. Renton47's rating of the film Je, tu, il, elle

True alienation comes from being in the world (unless you believe it's possible to alienate the self), and this film seems almost cyclical as a result. It's possible 'Je' only has sojourns in the world for the aimless connection to fuel her hibernation in the apartment. Patterns of self-harm that seem almost instinctive at this point, like living off sugar and fleeting sexual contact. The world seems apocalyptic.

24. Magda Magdy's rating of the film Je, tu, il, elle

Holy fuck. Chantal is my current muse.