1. lbunuel's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

2. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

How momentous can two minutes be? I was struck by the length after noticing that this is one of Godard's highest rated films on MUBI. (It's on YouTube). The way it turns a single photograph into an entire microcosm to explore is inspired, though a lot of its speed-read philosophy about culture suppressing the art of life makes Godard sound not like a prophet but like the smartest grad student at an undergrad party.

3. dionysus67's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

Godard fragment that, like all great art, is elevated into totality. With a political reversal of the rule/exception dualism, consolidated by bourgeois society's norms, Godard renders the rule malign (consumer culture) and the exception benign (art's revolutionary potential). The result, ideological committments aside, is simultaneously secular and transcendent. Uniquely Godardian lilliputien gem.

4. bucharestaesthetics's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

5. Superfrog's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

Simple short illustrated reflection. "J'ai vu tant de gens si mal vivre, et tant de gens mourrir si bien"

6. Egoisms's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

A superb 2-minutes long photographic film essay in which Godard waxes poetic about the political situation depicted in a single photograph. He speaks of the desire of inhuman cultures to repress artistic expression, of art being necessary to combat these regimes, and of the art of living, which has to do with the dilemma above. Godard salutes resistance fighters in Sarajevo for their short-lived, well-lived lives.

7. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

8. Karl J. Kipling's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

I don't know how to rate a 2-minute movie, so it gets a 2 star. A few still images over which Godard does his usual poetic-narration thing, leaves an impression neither here nor there. The gushing reviews of it on this site seem to me only further proof of how many of those there are for whom this great genius can do no wrong.

9. dina2099's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

photo isn't even from Sarajevo, narrator thought he was doing a rainforest epic in the Congo Basin [Brussel money pulling at heartstrings for blood either way]

10. Terry_Moby's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

An artist's statement like a hammer blow.

11. Log Lady's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

The best 2 minute short film I've ever seen. Might spark different ideas on subsequent viewings, but this time it was all about the emptiness of certain aspects of culture and the gaze (looking at ourselves and our relationship with the war and absence of art). That combined with the photo about the Bosnian War creates a striking contrast.

12. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

13. jonijtr's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

The score, fuck, i need it

14. Diogo Rivers's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

there's a certain feeling of despair, it's quite daunting, actually, to hear godard speaking over close-ups of this photography - and the poem at the end, c'est fantastique. godard does it again.

15. Nathan Goldman's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

I've seen this photo before, and my understanding of it wasn't enriched by anything Godard had to say. also, this is petty, but it bothered me a lot that he pronounced "Srebrenica" wrong

16. THE APOLL0's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

The suffering of mankind throughout history in two minutes. No human possessing any level of empathy whatsoever can watch this and not feel something.

17. Sam FMP's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

"J'ai vu tant de gens si mal vivre et tant de gens mourir si bien."

18. Zac Weber's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

One of Godard's more straight forward endeavors, yet immensely profound.

19. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

Here is an unsettling documentation of fear that is as relevant today as it was in 1993!

20. twinpeaks's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

When it's time to close the book, I'll have no regrets. I've seen so many people live so badly, and so many die so well.

21. Ghostman's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

"I've seen so many people live so badly, and so many die so well." -JLG

22. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

It's all about the media in our world we live in, just told shortly by Godard. But I just wonder why he would use still photographs from the Bosnian War. I think the answer is only because he is trying to tell us something important. Anyway, I'll have to say that both the narration & images are thought-provoking yet impressive. He should have used the dialogues in something else instead on the war, but this works.

23. auhasard's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo