1. Karl J. Kipling's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

I don't know how to rate a 2-minute movie, so it gets a 2 star. A few still images over which Godard does his usual poetic-narration thing, leaves an impression neither here nor there. The gushing reviews of it on this site seem to me only further proof of how many of those there are for whom this great genius can do no wrong.

2. dina2099's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

photo isn't even from Sarajevo, narrator thought he was doing a rainforest epic in the Congo Basin [Brussel money pulling at heartstrings for blood either way]

3. Terry_Moby's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

An artist's statement like a hammer blow.

4. Log Lady's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

The best 2 minute short film I've ever seen. Might spark different ideas on subsequent viewings, but this time it was all about the emptiness of certain aspects of culture and the gaze (looking at ourselves and our relationship with the war and absence of art). That combined with the photo about the Bosnian War creates a striking contrast.

5. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

6. jonijtr's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

The score, fuck, i need it

7. Diogo Rivers's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

there's a certain feeling of despair, it's quite daunting, actually, to hear godard speaking over close-ups of this photography - and the poem at the end, c'est fantastique. godard does it again.

8. Royce Jr.'s rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

"In a sense, fear is the daughter of God, redeemed on Good Friday. She is not beautiful, mocked, cursed or disowned by all. But don't be mistaken, she watches over all mortal agony, she intercedes for mankind; for there is a rule and an exception. Culture is the rule, and art is the exception. Everybody speaks the rule; cigarette, computer, t-shirt, television, tourism, war. Nobody speaks the exception....

9. Nathan Goldman's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

I've seen this photo before, and my understanding of it wasn't enriched by anything Godard had to say. also, this is petty, but it bothered me a lot that he pronounced "Srebrenica" wrong

10. THE APOLL0's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

The suffering of mankind throughout history in two minutes. No human possessing any level of empathy whatsoever can watch this and not feel something.

11. Sam FMP's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

"J'ai vu tant de gens si mal vivre et tant de gens mourir si bien."

12. Zac Weber's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

One of Godard's more straight forward endeavors, yet immensely profound.

13. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

Here is an unsettling documentation of fear that is as relevant today as it was in 1993!

14. twinpeaks's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

When it's time to close the book, I'll have no regrets. I've seen so many people live so badly, and so many die so well.

15. Ghostman's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

"I've seen so many people live so badly, and so many die so well." -JLG

16. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

It's all about the media in our world we live in, just told shortly by Godard. But I just wonder why he would use still photographs from the Bosnian War. I think the answer is only because he is trying to tell us something important. Anyway, I'll have to say that both the narration & images are thought-provoking yet impressive. He should have used the dialogues in something else instead on the war, but this works.

17. apollonouta's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

18. Sophy Romvari's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

19. Dombl's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

In just 2 minutes Godard makes a masterpiece of contemporary art. You can watch this film over and over again, thinking about mankind, about humanity, about art. A genius work.

20. Lucas Granero's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

El poder, la imagen, la palabra.-

21. Jesse Furgurson's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

The single most emotionally potent thing he's ever done.

22. Nuno André Silva's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

This has one of the best quotes of all time!

23. Zachary W's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

'Je vous salue Sarajevo' is monumental. This is one of the great works of art about the 20th century.

24. kvyrv's rating of the film Je vous salue Sarajevo

might be my favourite of him.