1. Rtab's rating of the film Jean Genet: An Interview with Antoine Bourseiller

The interview feels a bit unfocused and all over the place for the large portion of the film and the filmmaker doesn't seem to have come for it with a clear plan, it’s more like he just asks Genet what pops into his head and then lets Genet take over and talk himself which actually isn't too bad in this particular case because the main focus here is not the film itself, rather the subject matter, the wonderful Genet.

2. Alex's rating of the film Jean Genet: An Interview with Antoine Bourseiller

The bit with Giacometti was worth the entire film... However, there is one sensation this film created that trumped all other sensations that swept through me during its viewing. I was charged with an enchantment I haven't felt in 12 years, when I watch Michelangelo's L'eclipse for the first time. Jean Genet has a face and cadence that strikes the very core. And Bourseiller knows just what to focus on.

3. mpho3's rating of the film Jean Genet: An Interview with Antoine Bourseiller

"One should love the circus and despise the world. (It is pointless, tactless advice I am giving you. Who could follow it?) All I wanted to do was write a poem to make your cheeks blush. My goal was to tease you, not to teach you." - Genet

4. David R Williams's rating of the film Jean Genet: An Interview with Antoine Bourseiller

"A man must dream a long time in order to act with grandeur, and dreaming is nursed in darkness."

5. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Jean Genet: An Interview with Antoine Bourseiller

6. Gianluca Pulsoni's rating of the film Jean Genet: An Interview with Antoine Bourseiller

A take on life and writing - and on their "dialogue" - which says a lot about literature as experience.

7. Scienceofphantoms's rating of the film Jean Genet: An Interview with Antoine Bourseiller

Well, that was something I never thought I would or could see.

8. @frassivan's rating of the film Jean Genet: An Interview with Antoine Bourseiller