1. chloe's rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

a great tribute to a beautiful soul

2. Samuel's rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

An interesting insight into a complex person. Very watchable documentary.

3. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

A wonderful insight into the mind, and work, of a major artist of the 20th century, this has made me want to look deeper, which is the best thing any documentary can do. A fine tribute to a young talent, and a perfect introduction to his art for newcomers.

4. Anca.'s rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

"I cross out words so you will see them more."

5. JCPJD's rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

More than anything this film made me feel sad that I'm not young. And that I live in a safe city with coffee chains on every corner and have a home full of soft furnishings and well appointed furniture. And central heating. And a pension. I want to be 21, in Manhattan in the early 80's, experimenting with life literature paint and sex. But that was his life - not mine.

6. Harnake's rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

Well made film. Having seen his very excellent exhibition today at The Barbican, I celebrated Jean-Michel Basquiat and cried for him.

7. Henry Watts's rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

8. debanksingram's rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

9. Greg's rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

Julian Schnabels 'Basquiat' was ridiculous with hammy performances galore. 'Downtown 81' is an exciting artefact but only gives a snapshot of the Basquiat story. This film gave me what I had previously wanted, an overview of his life and art. Its rough around the edges but there is some excellent interview footage with the man himself, it also manages to perfectly expose the pretentiousness of 80's New York.

10. loopy's rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

Top movie :) What an Artist! I must go back to the exhibition at Barbican again :) <3 xx

11. Richard Tines's rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

(internal hygiene mission, pt. 7: use your inner mind storms to create instead of remaining stuck in idle)

12. Mirapeerance's rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

The Radiant Child bears witness to an irrepressible spirit. A fine documentary about an American artist fully worth remembering and heeding for what he reflects about today. His death is a sorrow expressive of that time and prefiguring this.

13. Ayesha Casely-Hayford's rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

All hail Tamara Davis. This documentary is direct to the heart. "His paintings were deliberate enigmas and said GET WITH IT. See the complexity of our culture. I'll give you a few hints." This world is complex. I hope Sir Jean-Michel Basquiat is orchestrating all this, through his physical death. Long live the king.

14. Miggy Angel's rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

15. janineparadiso's rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

16. Blue Roses's rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

17. naojgg's rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

18. Clarisse Lemaitre's rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

Documentaire pop, bien ficelé et énergique à l'image de cette période si belle des années 80 à New York et LA... Images d'archives très nombreuses et fructueuses, portrait réussi, ce documentaire est un chef-d'oeuvre du genre !

19. Hyldre's rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

Cinématographiquement, ça n'est pas un documentaire très intéressant. Mais le personnage qu'est Basquiat mérite de l'attention. Les artistes qui ont brûlé leur vie par les deux bouts ont quelque chose de fascinant.

20. n/a's rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

21. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

22. anarki's rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

why there isn't any information about his girlfriend, Jennifer Goode?

23. Sarah Fonseca's rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

Not a favorite artist, but I am a fan of Tamra Davis' documentary work (The Punk Singer) and it was great seeing footage from so many individuals who worked alongside--and often exploited--Basquiat.

24. msmichel's rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

Magnificient documentary detailing the short artistic life of Jean-Michel Basquiat. An obvious labor of love for director Tamra Davis who has certainly never shown hint of the talent displayed here. Yes the film is missing commentary from the detractors and missing some key people involved in his career but it doesn't hinder the end product. Who would have ever thought one would be nostalgic for 80's NYC.