1. janineparadiso's rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

2. Blue Roses's rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

3. naojgg's rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

4. Clarisse Lemaitre's rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

Documentaire pop, bien ficelé et énergique à l'image de cette période si belle des années 80 à New York et LA... Images d'archives très nombreuses et fructueuses, portrait réussi, ce documentaire est un chef-d'oeuvre du genre !

5. Hyldre's rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

Cinématographiquement, ça n'est pas un documentaire très intéressant. Mais le personnage qu'est Basquiat mérite de l'attention. Les artistes qui ont brûlé leur vie par les deux bouts ont quelque chose de fascinant.

6. n/a's rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

7. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

8. anarki's rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

why there isn't any information about his girlfriend, Jennifer Goode?

9. Sarah E. Fonseca's rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

Not a favorite artist, but I am a fan of Tamra Davis' documentary work (The Punk Singer) and it was great seeing footage from so many individuals who worked alongside--and often exploited--Basquiat.

10. msmichel's rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

Magnificient documentary detailing the short artistic life of Jean-Michel Basquiat. An obvious labor of love for director Tamra Davis who has certainly never shown hint of the talent displayed here. Yes the film is missing commentary from the detractors and missing some key people involved in his career but it doesn't hinder the end product. Who would have ever thought one would be nostalgic for 80's NYC.

11. Reggie Visico's rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

12. Edward Copeland's rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

This documentary account of the late artist brings him to life in a way that the 1996 fictional feature didn't. http://eddieonfilm.blogspot.com/2010/11/reality-bests-fiction-again.html

13. BrianFromConcentrate's rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

I first watched Julian Schnabel's film from 1996, "Basquiat". I found Jeffery Wright's performance to be dead on after seeing this documentary. I watched this right after I finished Schnabel's film because I wanted to see more of the real man and his life/art. So inspiring.

14. pluviosity's rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

a pair of eyes like that could handle the art world for that long is already amazing enough. Jean-Michel is amazing.

15. Shiro's rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

Nem sei o que dizer sobre esse jovem... é amor demais! ♥

16. chanandre's rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

17. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

Pretty good doc, even if it doesn't go much into his art and I would hope. Still, great to hear from the people who wore there.

18. adina's rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

most beautiful man to ever live

19. Lee Bullitt's rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

dying inside having a film to remind me that true creativity is dying.

20. Christopher Bentley Owen's rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

It's interesting and insightful at times, but it is little more than double-length "Behind the Music" account of the artist's brief career. As someone who's new to Basquiat's work, I didn't feel like I learned very much. Those with a good knowledge of his work and the scene he came from will value this even less, I think.

21. pivic's rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

A thorough documentary on the rise and fall of Jean-Michel Basquiat, an intelligent enfant terrible of the fine art world who came from graffiti, the early 1980s New York scene and then post-mortem-revolutionised art as one of the major influences for a lot of people. Speaking of which, many people were interviewed for this, among them Fab 5 Freddy, Julian Schnabel and Basquiat's art dealer, friends and critics.

22. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

23. Emlyn's rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child

As a fan of Basquiat for a few years now, I can saw that this documentary has made me feel much closer with his works as well as with the man himself. When watching the biopic Basquiat directed by Julian Schnabel, I found that the savant like way Jean was portrayed was hard to identify with, whereas it was the use of actual interviews and footage in The Radiant Child that powerfully resonated with me.

24. Matthew Dekneef's rating of the film Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child