1. tarkeiandrovsky's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

2. I.Camera's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

One of a kind, and an example of slow cinema in the pre-digital age. The length and monotony of Jeanne's life is the point, with her unraveling being gradual and silent. Treated as an appliance - household or sexual - by all those around her, the film laid bares a muted personal hell in a cramped Brussels apartment. The only Sight & Sound top 50 entry directed by a woman, something sure to change in their next poll.

3. Henrique Barbosa Justini's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

o controle formal dissipa-se quando o acondicionamento voluntário sob condições "normais" irrompe numa clareza absoluta que anula qualquer olhar. alguém que só funciona sob agências externas e que se perpetua através da fundição na paisagem, onde quer que esteja

4. Seesaw's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

It is an act of resistance, watching 3 hours of concentrated moments in the fast world.

5. (efe) ni's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

6. lofisofi's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

hypnotic, honestly flawless

7. josé luis rangel's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

how a film so static and repetitive managed to change my life in such a significant way is beyond me. every time I try to imagine any apartment in my mind I end up picturing 23 Quai du Commerce.

8. Razna_'s rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

Well goddamn it, this was depressing.

9. steeeeellaaaaa (Iulia N)'s rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

10. inkedblues's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

The portrayal of her son's homosexuality is so outdated - can we get rid of Freudian identification with mother complex? Jeanne was really displeased with him *sigh* Oh well, giving it fewer stars no matter the shortcomings would seem disingenuine.

11. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

12. Jakob's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

Mimicking observational docs, this 3+ hour drama portrays a widow, whose mundane life with her grown-up son - with a few curious exceptions - is filled with routines & loneliness. The long static shots mostly show her doing chores in her flat or out shopping in near-silence, and their trivial action & limited dialogue force you to imagine what she is thinking. Intriguing drama for patient fans of slow cinema.

13. J's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

Dreadfully, self-indulgently dull (and it needn’t have been). Glad to have come across this film. Also glad that I spent no more than about half an hour ‘watching’ it. High pretension indeed.

14. DrFirestone's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

One of the most memorable films thanks to Akerman's unique skill at capturing life and time through seemingly unimportant daily rituals. Masterful use of static shots, movement, sounds - all working together to recreate the sense of "daily life" monotony and its oppressive power... Delphine Seyrig is fantastic in her role, I can't really imagine someone else as the main character. Absolutely worth watching!

15. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

I have to rate this right down the middle because showing the daily routine of the main character is still quite tedious at times, despite it also becoming strangely mesmerising. Things play out almost like an antithesis to the colourful fantasy sheen of Belle De Jour.

16. Michael Rz's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

Chantal Akerman's mise en scene, sense of pace and attention to the smallest details is exceptional and creates a unique experience. Delphine Seyrig's presence (rather than acting) fills the screen with life. A masterpiece.

17. Mado Gianni's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

A film for the movie theatre.

18. Arunn's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

Unconvincing and extremely overrated.

19. captainfez's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

If you're into The Sims and tedium-induced death, this is for you.

20. Elinor Lewy's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

4.5. So much going on while nothing is happening on the surface. Transported me to another place. The interactions between her and her son were chilling and I too was upset at the overcooked potatoes!

21. Epinephrin's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

I really don't understand the 5 stars highly intelectual reviews here. It is boring and long. I stopped watching it after 8 minutes, being irritated by a bath scene that lasted more than 5 minutes. Then eating - another 6 or 7 minutes. Lack of imaginations equals highly intellectual visions. Not for me, I got better stuff to fulfill my time with. As in reading.

22. Pamela Redentora Amarilla's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

Todo un desafío está película, pero son estos filmes los que te dejan joyas que pasan desapercibidas para la mayoría, claro pues, es un lenguaje más real... como la vida, y que más esperaría... Si la vida misma se nos pasa desapercibida.

23. enzographie's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

Oh come on. This is definetly an interesting way of making movies and reflecting the helplessly dreary lifes of it's characters, but ultimatly, it's just plain boring! Really, it is so boring, it makes me angry. Which was probably the goal. But Hey, there are easier ways to achieve that ;)

24. Paul Rot's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

The Scariest Film of All Time. Dedicated to you, me and all of us. Thank you, Chantal. ❤️