1. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

2. DSPRKY's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

I'M IN THE KITCHEN/YAMS EVERYWHERE//

3. ASHES IN THE HOURGLASS's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

A psychological horror film about OCD and the prison that is time.

4. apollonouta's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

its like watching my biggest nightmare unfold on screen; the grueling routine, the humiliation, the deafening silence...moments of delay turn into hours...

5. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

Arguably the greatest female filmmakers greatest film. That label carries a lot of promise and expectation, and somehow it doesn’t disappoint. Psychological depths are reached in an enclosed space, providing a staggering feeling of character and meaning with the bare essentials.

6. Terri Wise's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

Anyone who asks, "This is it? This is all?" gets an answer in the echoing silence. Yes, how unbearable. This is all. It's the Feminine Mystique on film. Seyrig is great. She shows the changes in Jeanne in incredibly subtle ways--the angle of a brow, the tilt of her chin, the speed with which she performs an activity. Watching her is an education. It's 2017, and Jeanne Dielman's life still looks way too familiar.

7. Sarika Joglekar's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

8. Rustam Chartrand Mendeleev's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

Le fils : «Si j’étais une femme, je pourrais pas coucher avec des personnes dont je ne suis pas amoureuse.» Jeanne, sa mère : «Tu ne peux pas le savoir, tu n’es pas une femme.»

9. EdieEmm's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

An extraordinary exercise in formalism; a cinema subtly, utterly, infused with a palpable tension & dread. Jeanne's interior, over which she exerts exacting control, constantly threatened by the exterior: flickering neon; chaotic street sounds; insistent doorbells; chatty neighbours; men who won't neatly leave... Till her interior finally asserts itself (and we meet her at last). Structurally/thematically dense. 3.75

10. Jérémy Poirier's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

A film portraying day to day life as a bleak and never ending loop. The film follows Jeanne Dielman, a widowed woman as she goes trough three days with her meticulously controlled routine. The result is an atmosphere that is both oppressing but somehow comfortable at the same time. "Nothing" is going on in this film but I wouldn't cut out a second of it. 3.5 stars.

11. MarcusArcus's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

Worth the nausea, worth the headache.

12. Bengi Z's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

13. Robert Burdock's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

A slow burn affair for the most part, but engaging and beautifully constructed all the same. Akerman is a genius at painting beauty from the mundane, and this is undoubtedly her greatest masterpiece. And as it happens, there's a good reason for the film's slow pace. It sets the foundation for the film's massively contrasting finale.

14. bryanvmh's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

Meat and milk are the material substances that bind her life. Please stop this consumption of bodies.

15. rllr's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

My least favorite Akerman so far is still a masterpiece about the poverty of human existence.

16. Greengage girl's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

This film was splendid. When I think to describe it, I can’t help but be amazed that I wasn’t bored, and instead, was compelled, nay transfixed, to keep watching. The metronomic rhythm of her life kept me engaged, even when the metronome goes haywire. And the end.

17. sónia fialho's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

18. the prince's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

19. Loud Rocks's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

20. Nicholas L'd's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

Absolutely courageous and wonderfully directed and acted, it paved the way to a relevant new approach to life and time in film.

21. cherbourgdoll's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

woah that was just incredible

22. xuxuxush's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

A bodily experience much like Michael Snow's "Wavelength." Slow and long, but never without tension. Nevertheless my mind wandered. I expected it to build imperceptibly like an Ozu film, but it didn't quite do that. Ending felt abrupt and a bit disconnected from the rest, and JD remained totally opaque to us right through that brilliant final shot. Wish she were less isolated, more in context (historical and social).

23. Benjamin Bland's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

Too tired to fully appreciate this on first watch, but certainly lives up to its billing. Sublimely framed and yes, at points it is sublimely boring. Delighted to finally own a copy.

24. empcollapse's rating of the film Jeanne Dielman, 23, Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles

i loved this film. we watch her go by her daily routine everyday and everyday something subtle changes, but even that subtle change evokes BIG changes in her life, emphasis on the deadly routine life.