1. Jinsie's rating of the film Jersey Girl

Smith presumably at the height of his box office cache having a hack at the Capra-esque melodrama, along with the absolute archetype of the Manic Pixie Dream Girl (any absurd character projection of the writer's fantasy woman - in this case Smith himself). By turns affecting and nauseating, but with plenty of period contextual stuff and Carlin to divert.

2. James Mackin's rating of the film Jersey Girl

This is basically a romantic comedy where the guy doesn't get the girl, because he has to learn how to love his daughter instead.

3. Luca Soldati's rating of the film Jersey Girl

Mediocre commedia buonista e melensa che annoia. La storia comincia abbastanza bene, fino alla morte della moglie del protagonista, per poi scivolare nella più completa banalità di situazioni, fino ad un brutto finale. L'intreccio segue un andamento troppo canonico, con scelte prevedibili. La regia non è male, ma resta nella mediocrità e non appassiona. I personaggi non hanno spessore. Da Smith mi aspetto di più.

4. Evan Schafer's rating of the film Jersey Girl

For a Kevin Smith film to be somewhat predictable and charming actually isn't such a bad thing, given the kind of films he is typically known for making. It is a testament to his range as both writer and director, and everything about this film simply works without having to try. Sure, it's a love-lost, love-gained story at its roots, but it is an endearing one at that and is incredibly well executed. Very good.

5. Joks's rating of the film Jersey Girl

Not as bad as its reputation suggests, but could have been so much more if Smith didn't concern himself with being so manipulative in an attempt to appeal to a broader demographic. Carlin is solid, and the kid is adorable, in addition to having real screen presence, but the film just piles on one cliche after the next. Perhaps the director's cut was better, but somehow i doubt it.

6. Ademption's rating of the film Jersey Girl

George Carlin played Affleck's dad. That's all I care to remember.

7. Jack Lineman's rating of the film Jersey Girl

8. Becky Durham's rating of the film Jersey Girl

9. PatriciaFlorrick's rating of the film Jersey Girl

For once, we've got one hell of a decent dramedy that works so well because it doesn't really stop focusing on the relationship between this father and his daughter, while others might very easily have done otherwise. Also, it's undeniably sweet and moving from beginning to end.

10. Zachary Phillip Brailsford's rating of the film Jersey Girl

I love this effing movie, and I don't give a crap! :D Savvy

11. Liam Grieves's rating of the film Jersey Girl

I don't apologise; I think this is a very sweet, charming little film.

12. Bret Bynum's rating of the film Jersey Girl

This film is often marginalized because it's a Kevin Smith movie that isn't extremely vulgar. I actually think this might be his best movie and I very strongly recommended it!

13. IndyLIVE's rating of the film Jersey Girl

This was undoubtedly one of Kevin Smith's best movies. It's mushy and sweet and I make no apologies for loving it.

14. Eleanor Abernathy's rating of the film Jersey Girl

im an idiot. i thought this movie was sweet.