1. panagiotatos's rating of the film Jess + Moss

Boring, pretentious, "artistic" Malick-like nonsense...

2. Güven Şahinkanat's rating of the film Jess + Moss

There are a lot of inspired frames, for example slow motion legs' tracking shots. This has been done before by maya deren . 1:00:11 bergman's depth of field and this plan specific to his works... there are lots of stolen images in this film. I do not see anything original ...and this counterfeiting method is interfering my optimistic ideas about it.

3. D Rhino's rating of the film Jess + Moss

Love This Style And Heroes.Reminds Me "Submarine",One Of the Best that I looked in 2016.Sarah Hagan-So Sweeet

4. manufn's rating of the film Jess + Moss

simple and authentic, worth it. the esthetics is overwhelming and the script well thought.

5. kokeshi's rating of the film Jess + Moss

Immagini sgranate, sporche, dai colori consumati e spenti ed un uso della luce che mi ha letteralmente catturata. Indipendentemente dalla trama, sono rigeneranti queste lezioni di stile.

6. jacbruneau's rating of the film Jess + Moss

Hi, where is the button to permanently opt out of all this shoegaze-y Sundance shit. Okay, okay, it wasn't that bad compared to other analog nostalgia and put-a-bird-on-it efforts but STILL.

7. Richard Doyle's rating of the film Jess + Moss

An impressionistic film shot in 16 mm in Kentucky about a young boy and his older cousin hanging out by themselves and dealing with their secrets and abandonment issues. There is a story, but not much of one. Your enjoyment will depend on how much you enjoy watching a beautifully shot film that doesn't really amount to much. I enjoyed it.

8. Novak Jankovic's rating of the film Jess + Moss

Slow and uneventful movie does not mean that it is psychologically deep or otherwise interesting.

9. baba lola's rating of the film Jess + Moss

10. chaemi's rating of the film Jess + Moss

Did somebody make a film out of my old MSN logs? Such hipster bullshit nonsense and I love it.

11. Salah Hassan's rating of the film Jess + Moss

Beautiful picture, and sound.

12. ruzica's rating of the film Jess + Moss

Beautiful photography, but these abandoned houses creep me out.

13. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Jess + Moss

Southern gothic video cut-up. I felt bad for Moss. Like Philip Ridley's 'The Pitchfork Disney' crossed with Gregory Whitehead's 'Reptiles and Wildfire'. Humidity and gratifyingly decayed textures in abundance.

14. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film Jess + Moss

makes you remember. and 16mm is so beautiful

15. Mrunalini's rating of the film Jess + Moss

16. Cid Medeiros's rating of the film Jess + Moss

Nice cinematography work creating a persistent sense of remembering in a movie about memories. The aim here is to produce an experience everyone faces when recreating his past through flashes of memories. The story unfolds delicately presenting the shattered lives of brother and sister, both projected in the remains of their home and in the absence of their parents.

17. msmichel's rating of the film Jess + Moss

Solid Kentucky shot American indie that at first feels like a hybrid of Terrence Malick and early Harmony Korine until it finds its own voice in the later going. Gorgeous cinematography and two interesting performances from the young actors in the title roles. Atmospheric tale of hot summer days, impending maturity and decay. Worth a watch.

18. batailleordie's rating of the film Jess + Moss

I think I've just grown a second beard and another pair of glasses.

19. Peter McCreadi's rating of the film Jess + Moss

Brutal story undercut by beautiful direction and a strong soundtrack

20. dialupmodem's rating of the film Jess + Moss

i like how it looks like it was shot through an instagram filter but everybody is a redneck

21. Richard Marshall's rating of the film Jess + Moss

Beautifully shot, but it felt like an hour and a half long advert for Abecrombie and Fitch. Struggled to believe Sarah as an 18 year old teen bully.

22. HolyCornerHouse's rating of the film Jess + Moss

Very moving, beautifully symbolic, with captivating aesthetics, nice music... Great movie!

23. DrFirestone's rating of the film Jess + Moss

Fantastic in my opinion. It's a dreamy, nostalgic and kind of random experience, beautifully pulled off. It conveys the feeling of distant memories, fading away in places... Interesting and unusual setting, excellent acting.

24. Lilliawithwind's rating of the film Jess + Moss

It's beautiful and full of details with emotion.