1. FISCHER's rating of the film Jesus Christ Superstar

Une version en opéra-rock de la vie de Jésus-Christ . www.cinefiches.com

2. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Jesus Christ Superstar

Two of my friends watch this every Easter while they drink wine. While it's tempting to tease the inherent kitsch in making Christianity groovy for the Hair generation, you have to admit that Jewison knows how to direct. It may not do full justice to Jesus, The Who, Abbie Hoffman, or its borrowed Fellini-isms, but it's a rare breed of reverent camp that could finally unite your evangelical relatives and John Waters.

3. steeeeellaaaaa (Iulia N)'s rating of the film Jesus Christ Superstar

4. João Valadão's rating of the film Jesus Christ Superstar

"Surely you're not saying we have the resources to save the poor from their lot? There will be poor always, pathetically struggling" - J.C

5. Aardsy's rating of the film Jesus Christ Superstar

Christ has a passion... for DANCE!

6. eroica's rating of the film Jesus Christ Superstar

7. msmichel's rating of the film Jesus Christ Superstar

Excellent adaptation of the Webber/Rice rock musical that took the stage bound legit version and brought it to further life with an experimental open air setting shot in Israel. Well cast (for the time period) with stand out turns by Carl Anderson as Judas and Ted Neeley in the title role. Also of note the camerawork of Douglas Slocombe and editing of Antony Gibbs. 40 years on an enjoyable if dated rock opera.

8. jenifferp's rating of the film Jesus Christ Superstar

9. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film Jesus Christ Superstar

10. Polyglot's rating of the film Jesus Christ Superstar

I wish Jesus had backup dancers like Judas did in his musical number. :(

11. CafeGradiva's rating of the film Jesus Christ Superstar

12. Øyvind Rype's rating of the film Jesus Christ Superstar

Watching this for the first time at a concert venue with the PA system cranked up, is like losing your virginity to Scarlett Johansson - it's an experience!

13. gencorkun's rating of the film Jesus Christ Superstar

I rated this movie 4 out of 5 stars. Being raised in a society where there are plenty religious taboos around, I always find this type of storytelling brave. Webber and Rice's masterpiece was in good hands and the direction was superb. The locations enrich the atmosphere of the movie. I loved the performances for Judas and Mary Magdelene fascinating yet could not get a superstar out of the leading actor. Don't miss.

14. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Jesus Christ Superstar

Fairly inventive solution in transending filmed theatre; perhaps the most epic example of puttin' on a show right here...