1. El Biffo's rating of the film JLG/JLG - Self-Portrait in December

Mood/Poetry/Homage to Cinema and to himself. He hires a blind woman to edit his film, I love that.

2. Nachtreich's rating of the film JLG/JLG - Self-Portrait in December

3. FISCHER's rating of the film JLG/JLG - Self-Portrait in December

Auto-portrait de Jean-Luc Godard qui, par le biais d'une avalanche de citations littéraires, musicales et cinématographiques, invite le spectateur à pénétrer dans son univers intellectuel. www.cinefiches.com

4. Galou's rating of the film JLG/JLG - Self-Portrait in December

JLG qui fait du JLG pour JLG. A déguster plus comme un cours de philo au bar qu'un film.

5. tintinmugshot's rating of the film JLG/JLG - Self-Portrait in December

Great glimpse about death, immortality, reality, how to tell a story and laws of the universe (cause and effect).

6. Lorenzo's rating of the film JLG/JLG - Self-Portrait in December

interestnig aspects, you get an idea of his mind and way of thinking, some meaningful symbolism (like the maid), but all in all to confusing and egocentric.

7. BUSTER TIERNEY's rating of the film JLG/JLG - Self-Portrait in December

Ce qui frappe toujours et encore, c'est cette indépendance, cette irrépressible indépendance d'écriture visuelle, sonore, graphique. JLG se livre en citant ses livres, s'expose en se filmant... Qui d'autres peut proposer des plans fixes de paysages, des travellings sur une bibliothèque, des plans cul-panda sur une soubrette en mini-short qui déclame, des écrans et tableaux, des pages écrites ou schématiques, etc. ?

8. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film JLG/JLG - Self-Portrait in December

It must be lonely being an intellectual and of course he has a young maid. I admire his thought process(fluid and unbounded) but sometimes its just too much like the comparison between stereo,geometry and Israel... wtf?

9. msmichel's rating of the film JLG/JLG - Self-Portrait in December

On release Godard was about to turn 65 and this film amongst other works of the time found him ruminating on the 'closing of the book' and his legacy in French film. 20 years plus later Godard of course went on to more creative glory adding to his oeuvre with such masterful works as 'Goodbye to Language' and 'Film Socialisme'. Godard's place in film history is assured and this film stands as an interesting footnote.

10. Pipim's rating of the film JLG/JLG - Self-Portrait in December

11. rociof's rating of the film JLG/JLG - Self-Portrait in December

12. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film JLG/JLG - Self-Portrait in December

A warmth lacking in most of his films, a warmth of love – for himself(I am not being condescending).

13. AVA's rating of the film JLG/JLG - Self-Portrait in December

Eindrucksvoll.Godard ist es tatsächlich gelungen,die Traurigkeit,Tiefe,Poesie,Zerrissenheit seines Lebens sehr poetisch auch in dieser Doku zum Ausdruck zu bringen.

14. Pierre.F's rating of the film JLG/JLG - Self-Portrait in December

Une narration fragmentaire pour un très beau film qui situe la mémoire par l'image. Un véritable parcours entre la littérature et le cinéma qui ne manque pas de poésie.

15. Ludovic72's rating of the film JLG/JLG - Self-Portrait in December

Cet autoportrait de JLG ressemble à ses "fictions" de la même époque... Franchement, qui l'eût cru ? Tout le monde, en fait ! Sauf qu'ici, il en profite pour nous montrer sa collection de livres et de films, citer des passages devant la caméra, écrire un peu, se parodier et plaisanter... Un exercice évidemment nombriliste et parfois agaçant ou trop obscur, mais aussi intelligent et stimulant que d'habitude.

16. Joaquín Font's rating of the film JLG/JLG - Self-Portrait in December

"Un hombre, nada más que un hombre, ni mejor que nadie ni nadie mejor que él."

17. OrfgenT's rating of the film JLG/JLG - Self-Portrait in December

„Ein Bild ist nicht stark aufgrund seiner Brutalität oder weil es fantastisch ist, sondern weil die Assoziation der Ideen weit hergeholt ist.“ – wahre Worte! Eine Collage Godards über Godard, den Film und die Kunst. / „A picture doesn't have an impact because it's brutal or fantastic, but because associated ideas are far apart.“ – true words! A collage from Godard of Godard, the film and the art.

18. Adam Whybray's rating of the film JLG/JLG - Self-Portrait in December

Being alive is hard work. I blame the vertigo of objects. Godard caught that chair bang to rights!

19. T.h. Marvelsteins's rating of the film JLG/JLG - Self-Portrait in December

Can be clumsy and restless in equal measures though also reaches moments of quiet sublime beauty even if I was sometimes left feeling obtuse by its inscrutability,

20. janh24's rating of the film JLG/JLG - Self-Portrait in December

21. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film JLG/JLG - Self-Portrait in December

My limited experience of JLG has led me to the horrible Weekend and this. This is obviously more appealing to his fans, but for me it just meant more pretentiousness and tiresome navel-gazing. Mercifully, the runtime is short.

22. ajdehany's rating of the film JLG/JLG - Self-Portrait in December

To suggest and resist extrapolation, the synechdoche of film-making.

23. Katherine Lo's rating of the film JLG/JLG - Self-Portrait in December

I thought I would find this too self-indulgent from JLG's part but I actually didn't hate it. I'm also not trying to understand it, I didn't understand it and I guess I wouldn't. I just saw him, as he is, no frills, having a conversation with himself. I found it calming to watch.

24. Tja's rating of the film JLG/JLG - Self-Portrait in December

....or is it 5 Stars? This is what happens when a famous director gets right up himself and no one dares drop a hint ...