1. thelastronaut's rating of the film Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work

One of the best portraits of fame ever made!

2. Rafael Zen's rating of the film Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work

When the synopsis said that it would be a brutally honest glimpse into Rivers' struggle to keep fighting the stages, it never prepared me to what I was about to watch. This doc sure makes Joan Rivers look even more complex - a dark, twisted, fed up comedy diva that sure left us way too soon. The Comedy Central Roast event made me sick to my stomach - this is what true cinema is all about.

3. Gia de Almeida's rating of the film Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work

4 stars because I felt like it really captured Joan both as a character and as a human being. However, as far as direction goes, it's just not aesthetically beautiful and I think it's all that's missing for this to be great. Very interesting.

4. mjgildea's rating of the film Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work

3 1/2 out of 5 stars. A zero bullshit documentary of the godmother of female comediennes that will instill respect from the viewer, whether you loved or hated Joan Rivers. On top of some some of her trademark biting comedy, A Piece of Work offers some great archival footage and a serious amount of vulnerability of its subject. Guaranteed to increase your appreciation of Rivers exponentially.

5. El Biffo's rating of the film Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work

A very honest, unfiltered look at an amazing woman. Recommended.

6. ig_____or's rating of the film Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work

The woman is funny and witty as hell. I think it's admirable how she still thrives in pop culture, even after all these years, and is not willing to let others take her down. In a time and industry where beauty and youth determine pretty much everything she's truly swimming against the tide. I saw Miss Rivers for the first time in an episode of "Nip/Tuck" and I've been a fan of hers ever since.

7. dschank's rating of the film Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work

there's some interesting stuff about age and gender in the boys' club of standup comedy here, but the template is too conventional to develop it. too much time is wasted on melodramatic puff piece trappings, instead of what's really weird and interesting (rivers' card catalog of jokes, for example). on the other hand, the standup segments are often laugh-out-loud funny.

8. msmichel's rating of the film Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work

Was amazed at the veracity of this woman. 75 years old and treating her career with the determination of a 20 year old. Fascinating warts and all potrayal in yet another chapter in River's life. Candid, honest, uncompromising; traits I would admire in anyone. Wasn't expecting much from this (really thought it would be a puff piece) and was so pleasantly surprised. Baadassss grandparent indeed.

9. Josh Aube's rating of the film Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work

Joan Rivers lowers her brash persona for a touching moment with her grandson, in the back of a limousine. I have no idea why, but that scene has stuck with me. I haven't paid much attention to her comedy, but after this documentary, I just might.

10. rowdyman's rating of the film Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work

Joan Rivers really is a piece of work, and she knows it. Odd that she thinks of herself as an actor, not a comedian, which is probably part of the problem.

11. dinoage's rating of the film Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work

A woman who's been standing in the rain for so long, she's pruned.

12. Ricardo Branco's rating of the film Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work

Very entertaining and funny but it's like a tv entry, not beautiful as a film.

13. Nikola's rating of the film Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work

14. Tom Barnard's rating of the film Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work

I have nothing but admiration and respect for the star of this piece of work.

15. Liam Peters's rating of the film Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work

A straight-forward but completely engrossing documentary about the legendary comedian that reveals far greater depths than one might initially suspect. The film works because Rivers is willing to be as upfront and open as she can be, revealing the history behind her marriage and husband's death as well as her inherent desire to be constantly at play. It's the little moments that show the real human behind the facade.

16. nothere's rating of the film Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work

Interesting documentary on someone you'd think be totally unlikeable thanks to the media and hollywood's mocking of her but she's rather smart, funny, and underrated. The doc sees things skin deep(no pun intended) though it sometimes a little uneven and ends on a rather flat note.

17. Caden Cotard's rating of the film Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work

An honest (and a little sad) view at the life and work of Joan Rivers.

18. Natalie Guevara's rating of the film Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work

19. SALESK's rating of the film Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work

Rarely has an artist's documentary mined its subject for so much. The film's depth and veracity may be subject but given the average viewer's preconceptions of Joan Rivers, it's hard not to come away from A Piece of Work without a fresh view of the comedienne. A revelatory, hilarious and hard-earned character study. Well worth your time.

20. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work

One of the most surprising and engrossing character-study docs in recent memory. A candid portrait of the complex persona Rivers has crafted for herself over the years, it’s fascinating - and sometimes heartbreaking - to watch her struggle to keep her own flame alive. Highly recommended.

21. David M.K.'s rating of the film Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work

Funny and sad. A great documentary that changed the way I think about Joan Rivers.

22. dylanaber's rating of the film Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work

I don't believe any other film has given such a believable insight in to the mind of a performer...hell, I don't think I've seen a better portrayal of what 'showbiz' is really like. One of the most shattering and honest things I have ever seen.

23. Yashoda's rating of the film Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work

What a crazy narcissist...but you almost feel like she's earned it.

24. (arc)'s rating of the film Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work

cant wait to see thiiiis !!!!!!