1. Joel's rating of the film Joan the Maiden, Part 2: The Prisons

I found the second act of this series somewhat more compelling. It certainly wrestled more with the ideas of the ways in which institutionalized religion often turns on it’s own heroes. That was compelling. The lead is strong, the minimal sets and the economy of storytelling are honorable yet are perhaps detrimental to it’s artistic impact.

2. Balthaz21's rating of the film Joan the Maiden, Part 2: The Prisons

3. El Biffo's rating of the film Joan the Maiden, Part 2: The Prisons

I am a HUGE Joan of Arc fan and Sandrine Bonnaire is one of my favorite Joans! 5 stars for Part 1, The Battles.

4. Laura Suffield's rating of the film Joan the Maiden, Part 2: The Prisons

Really splendid. I was totally gripped from start to finish.

5. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Joan the Maiden, Part 2: The Prisons

Beautiful. Like all Rivette's looong movies, a full-length treat.

6. Jason's rating of the film Joan the Maiden, Part 2: The Prisons

More of the same except Jeanne gets to merge smokily with God. Really the part of the story of Jeanne d'Arc that is genuinely the most important story to me of all stories is the story that begins after her capture. We get there (somewhat laboriously). In my assessment of part one I invoked late-Rossellini. Here blocking brought to mind cinema of the early 1910s (plus Lubtchansky's sophisticated, ultra-modern gaze).

7. msmichel's rating of the film Joan the Maiden, Part 2: The Prisons

The superior entry in Rivette's epic take on the Joan of Arc tale. Bonnaire is magnificent here as a woman prisoner of her faith before being betrayed by it. Wisely avoiding the large scale recreations and concentrating on the intimate the film weaves its power. Cinematography is aces.

8. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Joan the Maiden, Part 2: The Prisons

As a whole, Jacques Rivette's ambitious Jeanne d'arc films represent the political and strategical aspects of her story, that are ignored by most storytellers, in a very engaging and endearing manner!

9. Mellow Dude's rating of the film Joan the Maiden, Part 2: The Prisons

the usual rivetting experience

10. Stevie's rating of the film Joan the Maiden, Part 2: The Prisons

Equally brilliant as part 1. Rivette has given us a greatly detailed background to the story of Joan and her plight. 8/10.