1. Ghostman's rating of the film Joe

I hope DGG makes more films like this instead of doing shitty reboots of long dead franchises (Halloween). Cage gives one of his best performances here & Sheridan is excellent as well. However, it's Gary Poulter, a real life homeless man who died shortly after filming, who walks away with the movie as the alcoholic father in his only film performance. A haunting picture with the emotional power of an old film noir

2. Palmat's rating of the film Joe

A kinda "by-the-numbers" drama that is elevated by Cage's committed performance and Gordon's assured direction. We´ve seen this before but it is very well handled here.

3. Tamás Rolfesz's rating of the film Joe

4. Igor Leoni's rating of the film Joe

Gary Poulter is maybe the most scumbag father in cinema history lol

5. blkrchs's rating of the film Joe

6. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Joe

2.5 stars. Characters are somewhat stock Southern Gothic, with scant examination behind the evil that men do, apart from sense that these are men whose goodness has decayed through poverty & drink. Nic's performance as Joe signifies emotional depth without there being any indication of what this depth might entail, which is perfect since the authentic Joe is hidden behind a carefully constructed mask of masculinity.

7. spasmolytic's rating of the film Joe

This is the same film as Mud. Mud is a movie. And it's got Maconahizzy or however you spell it, and it's only slightly better than this. I think it even has the same actor. I don't know for sure though, and I'm not going to check. I also think they came out in the same year, but if they didn't they came out around the same time.

8. haugenlars's rating of the film Joe

9. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Joe

10. Steve G.'s rating of the film Joe

Pretty disappointed this was really good as I couldn't do my review that just said "Average".

11. Trunfos's rating of the film Joe

12. Moses Lumpkin's rating of the film Joe

In one scene, Cage teaches Tye Sheridan the Nicholas Cage school of acting. It's the stuff of legend.

13. Michael H. CLAES's rating of the film Joe

Plus conventionnel que les films de Jeff NICHOLS ou que le Winter's Bone de Debra GRANIK ou encore

14. Dylan Vernall's rating of the film Joe

That boy is a really good actor

15. kris's rating of the film Joe

A good performance from Cage, its one of his better roles in recent years. It doesn't try to be anything flash, its just a gritty american drama.

16. Gonçalo's rating of the film Joe

Great acting from everyone, and the directing is soooo good. It manages to be really gritty but with a huge heart at the same time. Really, really liked it.

17. João Estevens's rating of the film Joe

18. DimasRimbaud's rating of the film Joe

19. taniaburrito's rating of the film Joe

20. muh.'s rating of the film Joe

shrugging. that was the first thing i did when i finished it. the shrug of a person who can't shake off the feeling of losing time to a movie that doesn't do much to engage. slap some southern gothic cliches to make it dark and edgy and troubling with characters that seem to have been plucked out of an unsatisfying pulp novel.

21. Kamran's rating of the film Joe

A drifting camera and low key lighting examine the nature of abuse, pain, trauma, and its psychological affects. 80/100 - Great

22. Ultra Kebab's rating of the film Joe