1. Myles's rating of the film Joe Versus the Volcano

I'm finding it hard to forgive myself for enjoying this dreamy, late eighties whimsy fest. There are some funky sets, some racist "islanders," and Robert Stack plays a sham doctor. If you must pick a romantic comedy starring Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks, give this a shot before sinking into the mediocrity of Nora Ephron's Shop Around the Corner remake...

2. Louise_Dietrich's rating of the film Joe Versus the Volcano

It's not that bad. I wish the second half was as strong as the first, but it was still enjoyable! *** 1/2

3. bleadof's rating of the film Joe Versus the Volcano

4. Ghostman's rating of the film Joe Versus the Volcano

5. krnamnd's rating of the film Joe Versus the Volcano

Meg Ryan is surely pretty regardless of the styles of her hair.

6. Z's rating of the film Joe Versus the Volcano

This film grows on you. The first time I saw it I found it too precious and eccentric by half. Watching it again over the years I find it deeper and more affecting every time. John Patrick Shanley is to be commended for attempting such an ambitious, original, funny, strange, whimsical and beautiful meditation on the absurdity of life and love. Meg Ryan is effervescent in three completely different and pivotal roles.

7. Richard Punch's rating of the film Joe Versus the Volcano

Dear God, whose name I do not know - thank you for my life. I forgot how BIG... thank you. Thank you for my life.

8. Westley's rating of the film Joe Versus the Volcano

I love this movie! It's cute, and genuinely inspiring.

9. NEONBEAR's rating of the film Joe Versus the Volcano