1. banu's rating of the film John Wick

Reeves doesn't need many lines, feelings, expressions as John Wick. His acting gives everything you need. Haven't seen a movie of Keanu Reeves since the Matrix. I must say that i'm impressed.

2. hgabriel84's rating of the film John Wick

- I heard you struck my son. - Yes, sir, I did. - And may I ask why? - Yeah, well, because he stole John Wick's car, sir, and, uh, killed his dog. - [pause] Oh.

3. Louis Robert's rating of the film John Wick

1 point for the stylish scenes and visuals, 1 point for the fascinating violence/civilized society, and that’s about it. The plot was terrible, just a revenge boosted action packed blockbuster with a stereotyped russian vilain. At least you get what you came for if you’re in for an authentic action movie.

4. Terry_Moby's rating of the film John Wick

Best: no irony. Worst: the "story".

5. Ana Sousa's rating of the film John Wick

Pure entertainment. It has it all. The characters and the intricate plot, the pacing that leaves you begging from anticipation and excitement, the motives and conflict resolutions, no loose threads or disappointments. All the build-ups that keep you high on expectation, they never let you down. Keanu has the most stylish and badass way of fighting I've ever seen. His whole body does the acting. No words needed.

6. NUGA's rating of the film John Wick

Talking about technicalities is, at this point, redundant but it is required to mention the fantastic production value because without it the movie's a blank slate. It lacks the ambition to be more than what it is but by all means it doesn't need to be more than a cooked out action and as such, the director used laser focus to make what the film provides the very best it can be. 3 extra stars for incredible CGI trud.

7. Simone Totaro's rating of the film John Wick

John Wick is a very cool character, but I didn't like the story. Still, an enjoyable movie, it's always fun to see ass kicking scenes. Plus... Theon!!

8. Patricia's rating of the film John Wick

Pretty rad, wasn't expecting to like it so much. But I do, and Reeves kick some serious booty.

9. jessetaylor's rating of the film John Wick

Thoroughly entertaining, but it kind of tapers off near the end into typical action movie territory. The first half is fun, smart, and stylish, but it gets a little old really fast. In the end though, I enjoyed myself and I look forward to the sequel. However, if they kill any more dogs, I'M OUT.

10. mt.fuji's rating of the film John Wick

John Wick is the first true action film made for a generation raised on first person shooters.

11. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film John Wick

I should enjoy these movies more than I do, because they're very well made, but I just don't.

12. BobbyTee's rating of the film John Wick

Worst movie i have seen in 2017...Fuck that shit!

13. Quesera,sera's rating of the film John Wick

the pain is soo reaal.. everything has price, bitch (y)

14. Jacob Marcoux's rating of the film John Wick

15. Nick Schwab's rating of the film John Wick

John Wick's 1980's style cheesy comedy in a 1970s-style simplified revenge plot, with its Millenial execution of its video-game-like action scenes, all make it a good time waster. The film is much better in snarky mode than anything, with the flippant responses and one-liners surrounding Wick's occupation. Sadly, the bulk of the action scenes are cookie-cutter and repetitive in their conception and execution.

16. Matija's rating of the film John Wick

pretty funny for an action film

17. Barrett.'s rating of the film John Wick

I was hoping to enjoy this more than I did... bar the superclub scene the action isn't anything worth shouting about, too many cuts.

18. le Gars's rating of the film John Wick

19. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film John Wick

20. mikong's rating of the film John Wick

4.5 - a gem of caricature of genre of caricature. i have no choice but to take john wick's motive (dog killed, car stolen) to unleash medieval on the russians' ass seriously. action cliches are packed in the frames and narrative consciously, tastefully like a disciplined yet playful kid. a successful attempt to indigenize asian action cinema in hollywood

21. seakat's rating of the film John Wick

22. jooley's rating of the film John Wick

Sometimes the non-existent plot weighs down this unapologetic shoot-em-up, but the excellent choreography and editing are well worth watching.

23. MS1915's rating of the film John Wick

I agree with the bad guys: all that for a dog and a stolen car?

24. Mugino's rating of the film John Wick

"John Wick" is what the "Punisher" films failed to be... and it didn't need a damned comic book to find some fresh originality, wit and style, despite being a retread of a very, very tired genre. Props to Kolstad's script, to stuntmen Stahelski and Leitch (uncredited) for a respectable directorial debut, and to Reeves for giving them the chance. 3.5 stars.