1. pierce.giurintano's rating of the film Johnny Got His Gun

Directed by the author of the original story of the same name, this movie is an antiwar sob story that lacked the production value and lightning to really get me in the proper mood to feel for the amputated nameless soldier. Perhaps I am just too spoiled by 2017 cinematography standards for movies, but the "special effects" really require a lot of imagination in order for them to work in this flick. Average at best.

2. Tyler Wright's rating of the film Johnny Got His Gun

I came for Metallica, I stayed for the excellent experience.

3. freskonthesfenks's rating of the film Johnny Got His Gun

-What is democracy? -Like any other kind government it's got something to do with young men killing each other I believe. Perfect criticism on war and politics.

4. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Johnny Got His Gun

5. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Johnny Got His Gun

6. Fırat Ataç's rating of the film Johnny Got His Gun

7. _Lilith_'s rating of the film Johnny Got His Gun

Stick with the book, folks.

8. HSBilly's rating of the film Johnny Got His Gun

just bring bunuel more, instead keeping him as uncredited collaboration

9. Domas's rating of the film Johnny Got His Gun

One can only imagine what Buñuel could have done with the material.

10. Halan's rating of the film Johnny Got His Gun

11. nein's rating of the film Johnny Got His Gun

A nightmare. Handless, legless, faceless product of people's hand. The picture of it stays with you long enough to hate the thought about it. As a pacifist, I find it as a great attempt to make an antiwar movie. Trumbo was successful. I was unhappy.

12. Stephan Holmström's rating of the film Johnny Got His Gun

this is one of the films I often relates to

13. Sean's rating of the film Johnny Got His Gun

Truly an anti war film, i did feel that it was a bit disturbing mainly because of Joe is trying to reach out to people but since he has no voice no one can hear him. I did feel the movie dragged a bit but I did enjoy it. I felt that the last half hour was pretty effective and powerful. Jason Robards and Donald Sutherland are both excellent and are main reasons to see this film.

14. Knut Morte's rating of the film Johnny Got His Gun

"I'm the boss, this is champagne, Merry Christmas!"

15. TheCinemaAdventurist's rating of the film Johnny Got His Gun

A depressing compelling passionate spiritual nihilistic adaptation of the book.

16. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Johnny Got His Gun

Más que un filme perturbador, "Johnny cogió el fusil" es una interesante lectura existencial, esta sostenida bajo los únicos pilares de un hombre "muerto": La memoria, los sueños y la imaginación. Estas se confunden y se manifiestan como medio de escape frente a la cruda realidad (una de colores grises). Johnny reflexiona temas como la fe, el despertar sexual y la misma muerte.

17. Jessica's rating of the film Johnny Got His Gun

I'm happy that I decided to watch this film. As someone else said, parts seemed a little dragged out. However, I think you'll either love it or hate it. I found it to be powerful and saddening. ithink it was meant to be an eye-opener for the consequences of war. I could feel John's frustration while trying to cope in his situation; but also imagining myself in his position would be enough to sink me into depression

18. Mymosh the Selfbegotten's rating of the film Johnny Got His Gun

War as a carnival freakshow with unlucky Joe as the main attraction. Jesus is on hand with an act of his own. Step right up and see the war wounded!

19. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film Johnny Got His Gun

Dalton Trumbo's muddled adaptation of his own novel takes a fascinating story and reduces it to a dull, tedious melodrama, complete with some misguided, forced attempts at surrealism. Cheaply-made with murky photography and overwrought performances - the whole film has a rushed, amateurish feel to it. A major disappointment as it's the sole directorial effort from screenwriting legend Trumbo.

20. Pierluigi Puccini's rating of the film Johnny Got His Gun

One of the most oppressive, disturbing and truthful declarations against the barbarity and futility of war.