1. Leco's rating of the film Johnny Gunman

1/4 of it and I had enough. Bad acting, poor script, mediocre photography. I tried to push myself for more minutes but there was this voice in my head shouting nonstop "it will be a waste of time" and I've just decided to take the advice.

2. klofter's rating of the film Johnny Gunman

I usually dig these kind of sub-z no-budget pretend-noir gangster flics but this one is decidedly shallow in both the story and filmmaking department. Even the New York City streets cinematography doesn't offer anything juicy. That's where I draw the line.

3. bulgrin's rating of the film Johnny Gunman

Stylish and well-photographed noir. Worth a watch.

4. Timbo of Boston's rating of the film Johnny Gunman

Amazing what you could get away with back then. It's like the skin of a noir with nothing quite right in the guts. The cuts, acting, script, characters are so wooden that you watch between disbelief and fascination. Ann Donaldson seems completely disappeared. Understandably. This cinematic car crash was definitely worth restoring. I can imagine Don Draper sneaking to Times Square some rainy afternoon to watch this.

5. mpho3's rating of the film Johnny Gunman

Feels like theatre but filmed on city streets and authentic locations. Not the most brilliant of its genre, but Brooks is an interesting lead. Also fascinating is how the female lead can safely wander around the Village at all hours of the night.

6. El Biffo's rating of the film Johnny Gunman

I was going to call this "The American "BREATHLESS' with a beatnik beat", but, um...this film was made 3 years earlier.

7. Weston Campbell's rating of the film Johnny Gunman

The story is weak but the photography is outstanding, the sort of spare minimalist black-and-white compositions you only get in B-movies of this era.

8. Mark's rating of the film Johnny Gunman

Killer's Kiss without Kubrick's artistry. Jailbait without Ed Wood's sense of lunacy.