1. Richard Tines's rating of the film Jour de fête

The great thing about early childhood (if memory and observation serve me well) is the Luminous and easy sense of play offered. The great things about films like this, is they provide a conduit back to that mindspace.. Although this is very much a "first feature", Tati kept me charmed/interested till the end, more than living up to his reputation... I will add my two Penny thoughts about the other two versions later,

2. Hugo Poderoso's rating of the film Jour de fête

The baby steps of one of the most singular film styles of all time. The convergence of visual comedy, slice of life costumbrism and postwar art-house ambiguities. Sometimes the gag is just a draft. The town struggles to lift a pole; in a nearby scene this struggle can be seen behind the roofs: the gag becomes background. The dialogue of a film projected in a tent comments on a love scene of two real life characers.

3. Carlos Tejeda's rating of the film Jour de fête

Artículo (suplemento cultural "It's playtime"): https://lamiradadealbert.wordpress.com/2015/07/20/hulot-jacques-tati/

4. pluviosity's rating of the film Jour de fête

kinda expected this as a sequel from his School for Postman, well, it's more of a half prequel. Still Tati-endearing though.

5. FISCHER's rating of the film Jour de fête

Premier long métrage de Jacques Tati plus que prometteur puisque encore aujourd'hui, ce film reste une des plus belles réussites du cinéma français comique. L'histoire débute d'une manière extrêmement douce, puis les gags sont de plus en plus nombreux et la clownerie s'enchaîne et s'en donne à coeur joie jusqu'à la fameuse "tournée à l'américaine" point culminant du film... www.cinefiches.com

6. João Rocha's rating of the film Jour de fête

I just want to live in a little town like that

7. Riddle, van, stellar's rating of the film Jour de fête

mistrust to the country/war, the desires of the inherent rustic charms from the hillbillies of a small town Sainte Severe, France, every day humors and awkwardness performed comical. enchanting period piece

8. henry0001's rating of the film Jour de fête

2.5, Tati's first feature, some laughter and with clear message, good performance

9. Diogo Pires's rating of the film Jour de fête

Por mim devia existir um Tati por cada geração. O herdeiro perfeito de um cinema que já parecia fora do prazo, mas que prova, década após década, que a sua força é ser como é: simples, honesto, puro.

10. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Jour de fête

11. Egoisms's rating of the film Jour de fête

The second half of Tati's first film reuses much of the material from his short film "School for Postmen". For this reason, I found the second half less entertaining than the first. The first half finds Tati in remarkable, fully-realized form for a first feature. The laughs come thick and fast. His wry psychological observations of common humanity are charming and as endearing as anything he made after.

12. Renton47's rating of the film Jour de fête

I wish there was more exposition of Tati getting sloshed in other films, I feel it adds a reasonable degree of rationale to his behaviour. Otherwise, business-as-usual with the most enjoyable Tati I have seen so far. The visual language is still too dense for me, and I find the endless parade of people who aren't characters tiresome, but it works better in a film of this length.

13. James Mackin's rating of the film Jour de fête

A fun film about silly modernity as it applies to postmen.

14. Kinch Kinski's rating of the film Jour de fête

Totally delightful madness from start to finish. Tati is a master of slapstick, physical comedy, and character sketches.

15. Ellen's rating of the film Jour de fête

16. Nathan Grey Hollis's rating of the film Jour de fête

A slow start, but a fantastic finish!

17. SpacePirate's rating of the film Jour de fête

Some scenes are pure comedic joy, but Tati was still learning and better was to come. 3.5 stars

18. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Jour de fête

19. Thomas's rating of the film Jour de fête

Charming, picturesque tale of determination, patriotic zeal as he resiliently and hilariously strives for ultimate human efficiency in a world of increasingly machinated productiveness. Tati at his hapless and humane best, in my opinion his most enjoyable film.

20. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Jour de fête

This is a movie miraculously made so as to inspire a feeling of calm and happiness. I feel I see so many movies filmed with gritty violence and heavy themes, and it’s incredibly refreshing to see something with no serious conflict, emotional dilemma, or heavy thematic arch’s. It’s just a nice thing to watch and relax and feel some nostalgia with. Also pretty clever and funny with its visual humor.

21. Charles Coleman's rating of the film Jour de fête

Very entertaining film with lots of excellent physical comedy bits and visual gags.

22. grotescsetorg's rating of the film Jour de fête