1. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Journey into Fear

Joseph Cotten is a cranky fellow. You can't blame him though, because his life has essentially been hijacked. He's trying to be polite, but the demands on him are clearly out of scope. The scope creep includes being dragged around, being shot at, having beautiful women thrust on him. How is he supposed to meet his deadlines?

2. SpacePirate's rating of the film Journey into Fear

I wanted to love this film, but its a bit of a mess. Welles accent is atrocious, Cotten seems bored with the proceedings (tough to say that about one of my personal favs), and the butchering of the film in the editing room makes it fly by before you can really care about the characters. Sad bc it shows promise. Check out Woman On The Run for better Foster. Interesting for Welles fans/has some good photog. 2.5 stars.

3. Aardsy's rating of the film Journey into Fear

4. FISCHER's rating of the film Journey into Fear

Film renié par le metteur en scène Orson Welles (on reconnaît tout de même son génial coup de patte dans la poursuite finale sur les corniches d'un hôtel), qui semble bien bancal, voire mutilé dans son montage. Une curiosité tout de même... www.cinefiches.com

5. Rosina Rossini's rating of the film Journey into Fear

I wanted to like this film.... but I just couldn't. It was very, very clumsy. Sorry Joseph Cotten, no disrespect meant.

6. Victoria L.'s rating of the film Journey into Fear

Oh Goodness, would it really hurt if the movie lasted more? Why make it so abrupt and incoherent, when you have a plot that's quite fast-moving and devoid of unnecessary details?

7. Stephane Tanaka's rating of the film Journey into Fear

8. Sudipto Basu's rating of the film Journey into Fear

9. Cole Caudle's rating of the film Journey into Fear

It starts out wonderfully with some very off hand, naturalistic banter between Cotten and Warrick and then the fantastic club scene with Del Rio in that amazing cheetah outfit (or whatever it was). Eventually whatever cuts the studio made begin to have their effect and the film goes kind of slack and feels sort of slapdash. Still, good fun.

10. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Journey into Fear

While Welles' fingerprints are all over this picture (so much so that I consider it an unofficial film of his alongside Jane Eyre) this thriller definitely suffers from Cotten's bland performance and the studio cutting that trimmed the film of the screenplay's quieter moments. All that's left is confused and mortal danger peppered with various moments of conversation about life during war.

11. Dave's rating of the film Journey into Fear

Welles' shadow looms large over the entire production, and who knows if he truly did deserve a directors' credit on this one. It certainly looks and feels like a Welles film. It's a quirky, bizarre film, but one that I really enjoy. Norman Foster is an incredibly underrated noir director.

12. oldfilmsflicker's rating of the film Journey into Fear

I liked this movie for all the wrong reasons