1. Jehrod Bitner Desabille's rating of the film Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons

i dont want to kiss a pig hahaha...

2. Andre Flickatina's rating of the film Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons

first act was extremely compelling and the foot never really came off the gas. monkey king was great, major heel

3. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons

The first half of this movie is awe-inspiring and hilarious; but my enthusiasm dipped toward the second half and conclusion of the film. The CGI can be a bit discomforting to watch at times (it has an artsy, but unrealistic look that puts me out of the moment when I'm watching it); and Chow seems to be cutting plot devices from the same cloth as his other films, which made it seem to lack originality.

4. Chris's rating of the film Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons

5. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons

A crass, campy, kinda cute horror-comedy interpretation of 'Journey to the West'. Not great, but fun enough that it was worth spending a couple hours with it.

6. SlinkyLi's rating of the film Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons

A very Stephen Chow origin story for characters that I mostly remember from children's audio cassettes. i.e., middling CG but decent comedic timing and more importance placed on plot than characterization. That said, the demons look good and the two leads do well, and I'd watch a sequel.

7. Josh Lewellen's rating of the film Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons

For reasons I still cannot understand or coherently explain, I'm fairly certain I've never been more entertained by a movie than by Journey to the West. Unbelievably hysterical and just downright deranged more often than not. In other words, lovely. Bill Murray's high praise of Chow as a comedic god is only further justified through this film.

8. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons

Hilarious and Shu Qi is gorgeous.

9. Franco Rhyme Wiseman's rating of the film Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons

hahahahahahaahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa stephen chow always crazy

10. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons

Balls to the walls crazy, Chow's fantasy material-arts epic is far from perfect but it's a blast! Chow knows how to make a set-piece. But when it slows down (w/ romance or drama), it doesn't do as well. But for a film w/ a bare-bones plot (it's essentially a prequel), it companies w/ it's great cast, hilarious jokes, & sheer anarchic imagination. Here's hoping to the sequel!

11. Ostermyers's rating of the film Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons

OMG ! STEPHEN CHOW DOING THE TSUI HARK THING !

12. Eric Smith's rating of the film Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons

Fantastic opening scene, then things go downhill.

13. Scotch's rating of the film Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons

Not quite as good as Kung Fu Hustle, and the mubi cover image is totally disturbing me, but it's still a ton of fun. Maybe a little sexist, but ohlookapigdemon!

14. msmichel's rating of the film Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons

Stephen Chow and Derek Kwok revisit the Chinese odyssey story here with this spirited, fun but cgi heavy take. Story of a young demon hunter seeking Buddhist enlightenment while rebuffing the attentions of a beautiful fellow demon hunter is quite enjoyable made by the quite good turns by Wen Zhang and Shu Qi. Effects are quite good especially the final battle royale. Set up for eventual sequel is quite good.

15. Paolo Simeone's rating of the film Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons

Bello assai per diverse cose, ma stavolta la cgi gli è andata di traverso a Chow.