1. Paolo Simeone's rating of the film Journey to the West: The Demons Strike Back

The sudden use of the soundtrack from the old Odyssey episodes almost teared me apart. As usual this kind of movie detonates right before the end leaving the impression that something could have gone better, but well I really don't feel worth complaining about one of the greatest director ever.

2. Jason's rating of the film Journey to the West: The Demons Strike Back

I'm hardly a guy who's generally in the market for gaga fantasy whimsy, but I am fully of the opinion that whoever had the idea (probably Stephen Chow) to have Tsui Hark direct a Stephen Chow script is an absolute genius. This is extremely artificial artifice w/ just a dumbfounding amount of visual invention per square foot. Exploits the possibilities of 3D better than any mainstream film of which I'm aware.

3. Chihao Tsang's rating of the film Journey to the West: The Demons Strike Back

Thought this was awful, special effects were not even good, poor script and lacked any real plot or narrative. I have yet to see the first part of this reboot, but have been told it's much better.