1. Giacomo Pozzi's rating of the film Journey to the West

2. Nachtreich's rating of the film Journey to the West

3. Robert Burdock's rating of the film Journey to the West

Truly a contemplative masterpiece! Take the scene where the monk descends a darkened outer stairway: such is the glacial pace of the monk's descent, one's attention is drawn to the gentle swirl of minute flies caught in a ray of sunlight. They glint almost imperceptibly like specks of gold, creating a moment of everyday sublimity barely observed at everyday pace.

4. Jason's rating of the film Journey to the West

A somnolent and gorgeous indictment of our fucked-up priorities.

5. bagno's rating of the film Journey to the West

6. Shandy Casteel's rating of the film Journey to the West

A tale of restraint, something many moviegoers in constant need of action will abhor, but effective here as a sort of live-action still.

7. TristanDC's rating of the film Journey to the West

static to the point of dryness. Buddhism and performance art are a strange union.

8. jenesuispasanglais@gmail.com's rating of the film Journey to the West

Where are we going? Why do we hurry so? What do we miss along the way?

9. Eric Sherwood's rating of the film Journey to the West

lol. If only I was in high school.

10. elainelaine.chen@gmail.com's rating of the film Journey to the West

11. jpmurphy1's rating of the film Journey to the West

Incredible film and an even more incredible performance, what dedication. I wonder how much the scenes were scripted, they look very much like they were not. There is tremendous variety in the scenes and some great characters

12. Myles's rating of the film Journey to the West

This journey to the West might take a few decades...

13. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Journey to the West

the vein throbs clearly \ the monk moves slowly forward \ a bird screams at him

14. Kenneth Gentry's rating of the film Journey to the West

This film is a transcendental cinematic experience which words can't adequately describe.

15. saltwater's rating of the film Journey to the West

Beautiful cinematography. Meditative. Thought provoking look into the bustle of modern day cities.

16. Lexi Bass's rating of the film Journey to the West

17. scottirvine's rating of the film Journey to the West

ive said it since I first saw this short, but the scene around 15:40 blew my mind. like, perfect composition and incredibly powerful. the rest of Kang's journey is just as stunning. give this yr time.

18. clara m's rating of the film Journey to the West

when he went down the stairs!!

19. Mark's rating of the film Journey to the West

I like Larant aping the monk. Well, that was my favorite part, anyway. "Like" is too strong a word.

20. qw0aszx's rating of the film Journey to the West

This movie is watching me.

21. EdieEmm's rating of the film Journey to the West

Equal parts cinema and embodied manifesto. Radical placidity as not just personal politic or even passive resistance but also triumphant subversion. An aesthetic and sensory challenge to utility and the narrow neglect of the whole. Presence as ethic; experience as something like art.

22. Dee's rating of the film Journey to the West

23. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Journey to the West

24. Mellow Dude's rating of the film Journey to the West

I have a soft spot for slow cinema, what can i say.