1. wraithinlimbo's rating of the film Joy Division

Profound yet unpretentious. The documentary pulls it off in the same manner as their music by using critical theory analysis from contemporary writers from the Joy Division era mixed with first hand anecdotes from the band members, their colleagues and loved ones. The talking heads appear within a black, spaceless void in contrast to photos and videos of Joy Division and late 70s Manchester. Great watch

2. sergio_rodriguez's rating of the film Joy Division

Muy buen documental, lástima por la calidad de la película presentada por MUBI donde los subtítulos en español se sobreponen a los intertítulos del filme original. Muy mal por el sitio, esos detalles son importantes.

3. Lillié Hayes's rating of the film Joy Division

Documental de la noche. De Joy Division ví Control, que la verdad...me encantó. Pero sigue siendo una película bio con tintes dramáticos/novelescos. Este documental, es bastante sincero, no poses, no santificando a nadie. Muy bien logrado. Recomendable.

4. erionuj's rating of the film Joy Division

5. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Joy Division

Part one in my rock n roll suicide documentary double feature. An interesting and insightful movie about a great band. It’s cool to get to know more about music you love, or anything you love I guess for that matter. Ian Curtis was a gifted artist who probably had more to give.

6. luz de topos's rating of the film Joy Division

visualmente horrible /watch?v=-bkcPS3GHQY

7. Waxamillion's rating of the film Joy Division

I took a girl on a first date to see this. Surprisingly, wasnt as uplifting as one would hope for a first date, but also was a great way of weeding out if she liked good film and music. The film really made you feel the loss of Ian Curtis. It pulled on the heart strings in just the right way. I learnt so much about this band that I love and about New Order. Really worth seeing.

8. Lucii Lugo's rating of the film Joy Division

Un buen documental informativo, con entrevistas y datos. Si ya conoces la historia del grupo, no resulta tan atractivo y se vuelve en momentos monótono. Sin embargo es un documental muy bien hecho con footage sorprendente. Un poco obscuro, pero es así como se recuerda la historia de esta banda. En lo personal, prefiero la ficción basada en la vida de Ian Curtis, "Control", pero este es un documental muy recomendable.

9. darth_david@msn.com's rating of the film Joy Division

Documental informativo. Nada más.

10. Raul Duarte's rating of the film Joy Division

Casi no sabía nada de este grupo, me gusto, es una historia trágica, pero es lo "normal" entre los genios de la música.

11. Ricardo Corona M's rating of the film Joy Division

Trágico y esperanzador como la música de Joy Division.

12. alexiasotog@gmail.com's rating of the film Joy Division

13. Charlie's rating of the film Joy Division

Amazing. Well done. Moving. "Great songs never die".

14. Gabba Gabba's rating of the film Joy Division

Muy honesto, de una historia que por si misma es muy trágica pero que aún con eso le dan un giro motivador. Gran, gran documental.

15. D I A N A's rating of the film Joy Division

gives you chills, more so than the music does already

16. Héctor Olguín's rating of the film Joy Division

Un documental redondo y evocador, imprescindible para entender el contexto y desarrollo de esta banda.

17. ramiro's rating of the film Joy Division

buenisima , muy buena proyeccion del surgimiento de una de las mejores bandas asi como el desarrollo de la tragedia justo en el momento de su exito

18. mirela's rating of the film Joy Division

great to see and understand so much from the real people, about what happened and why. Very emotional and it is a pity that those who have so much, die so young. Fair play to New Order.

19. mjgildea's rating of the film Joy Division

Maybe already seeing Control and 24 Hour Party People softened me up, but I loved this documentary because it didn't tarnish the perception I already had of Joy Division through their music alone. The archive footage, interviews and editing were spectacular. I actually wish it was longer.

20. DanielJD's rating of the film Joy Division

Best film I've seen about Joy Division

21. ΞRIC B∆D TASTΞ's rating of the film Joy Division

a very great & informative docu about Joy Division, also about some very tragic parts of Ian's life.

22. sea-of-ether's rating of the film Joy Division

It's great insight for Joy Division fans, to see the band and those around them discuss the making of their albums, how they got together and of Ian as well.

23. etilen's rating of the film Joy Division

“Punk enabled you to say ‘Fuck you’, but somehow it couldn’t go any further. Sooner or later someone was going to want to say, ‘I’m fucked’, and that was Joy Division.”

24. Gonçalo Lamas's rating of the film Joy Division

How can you enbody punk and live the story of one of the landmarks of the 20th century music? This is the way. A great picture about the ultimate concrete in the rebirth of Machester city, the Joy Divison.