1. EdieEmm's rating of the film Jules and Jim

The camera, editing, work precisely the way form works in a poem. Like Spirit. The pacing, the gunfire narration, relentless as time (and yet the film inhabits my memory as: 3 butterflies coasting, tumbling…) The stylized score, extras elbowing through foreground, mark it as 'Story'; keep it safe from our psychologies. Leaves me awed like the fresco scene in Fellini’s Roma: A breathtaking ache. Utterly a love story.

2. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Jules and Jim

I first saw this when I was far too young to appreciate, which as also around the time I first saw 400 Blows, which I came away from initially with a much more lasting and positive response. Revisiting this, I am able to connect more, pick up on more of the subtleties, really every subtlety, that I had missed at the age of about fourteen. My father hates this movie. I understand why, but I am too seduced to care.

3. Jim Fear's rating of the film Jules and Jim

One of the most overrated films of all time (as most of the French films are)

4. Bruno's rating of the film Jules and Jim

Um colega de trabalho diz-me há uns dias, Olha para aquela, Qual?, Aquela, e eu percorrendo o olhar pelas elas, de costas para a gente, Ah, percebi, encolhi os ombros, Fica com ela, O quê?, Fica tu com ela, repeti, Já vi que não gostas de mulheres, diz ele, e seja isso seja outra coisa quanto a Catherine, fiquem com ela, não a quero, e conheci-a melhor que a tal moça das calças justas. Premissas...

5. Eric Ortiz García's rating of the film Jules and Jim

6. lazycalm's rating of the film Jules and Jim

Weird ending, I almost laughed.

7. FISCHER's rating of the film Jules and Jim

Histoire d'amour et d'amitié qui reste pour certains un excellent moment de cinéma et une oeuvre primordiale de François Truffaut, point de vue certes discutable... www.cinefiches.com

8. Anna's rating of the film Jules and Jim

I don't know, I had heard so much praise for this film and yet when I finally sat down to watch it I felt it was incredibly overrated...the course of the film was pretty much determined from the beginning. Everyone seems to be struck by Catherine's character and her 'impulsiveness', but to me she is the product of a very male gaze and male imagination of 'what is Woman.'All in all, not very interesting.

9. miles's rating of the film Jules and Jim

I can see a lot of directors have been influenced by this beauty of a film!

10. Stefano Pedrocchi's rating of the film Jules and Jim

I think this is some of the most overrated stuff I have ever seen. Just saying, I found Bergman's Summer with Monika way deeper and more consistent than this, though overlooked. The scene that was making more sense to me was that where Jim tells her that he's marrying Gilberte; and then she pulls out a gun and he jumps off of the window. What-the-heck

11. callum mclaughlin's rating of the film Jules and Jim

You'll either love this film or hate this film. 'Jules et Jim' is French marmite and despite being flawed, it's Truffaut's ability to find the genuine human moments that I admire; it's the whimsey at that start that made me laugh and it's the truth amongst the naivety that made me stay. This is a film about the testament of friendship through the harsh reality of life, of war, and through the cruel virtue of women.

12. Walker's rating of the film Jules and Jim

I love the breif stills. They capture a moment like photographs or memory

13. DenoResandono's rating of the film Jules and Jim

This is the first time I watched François Truffaut's movie. It is a great story about friendship, love, hatred, and tragedy. Although this movie titled "Jules and Jim", it's also a movie about Catherine. She's a great influence of this movie - especially the friendship between Jules and Jim. She's a soul of this movie. I love its cinematography, editing, and all the technique aspects...

14. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Jules and Jim

Like a showcase for the virtuosity of Truffaut, the way in which he moves through different cinematic styles. And then there’s Jeanne Moreau, in one of her best performances. It’s not only Jules & Jim who fall in love with her...

15. s.birowo's rating of the film Jules and Jim

I despised Jeanne Moreau character in this film

16. Machupi's rating of the film Jules and Jim

Jeanne Moreau, please sing to my wedding

17. Chris's rating of the film Jules and Jim

18. Antonio Petre's rating of the film Jules and Jim

19. Laura Vasile's rating of the film Jules and Jim

20. Syranos's rating of the film Jules and Jim

21. Vincent T's rating of the film Jules and Jim

22. Kk Soft Boss's rating of the film Jules and Jim

23. Quattro's rating of the film Jules and Jim

One of the Frenchest movies I've seen so far. I hate this proto-hipster, self-congratulatory kind of Cinema, but – neither I could deny this to be a true gem. Following dialogues so fast-paced with English subtitles wasn't easy for me, I think I could have missed something somewhere.

24. Lost in Disconnection's rating of the film Jules and Jim

Lifelong restlessness in trembling hearts. Human feelings may change constantly as our life runs fast, with no time to settle up. This movie runs at the same speed, with no break for the audience. Great style and dynamism by Truffaut as Jules, Jim and Catherine complete the portrait with remarkable elegance. Sometimes I found it a little bit silly, but not more than love, itself, can be. 4.5