1. blkrchs's rating of the film julien donkey-boy

2. Trevor L. Charles's rating of the film julien donkey-boy

Harmony Korine is the only punk rock film maker.

3. spasmolytic's rating of the film julien donkey-boy

And curs-ed be he that sleeps with his sister, curs-ed be he.

4. Daniel S.'s rating of the film julien donkey-boy

Dogma #6. Ewen Bremner's performance is riveting. Werner Herzog is ... Werner Herzog. Definitely worth a look. Recommended.

5. Levi Miah's rating of the film julien donkey-boy

Dysfunctional all the way down to it's image format composition, while treating some of the most misunderstood characters of our society with a softness rarely seen in American cinema. You don't need to intellectualise this film to enjoy it, just empathise.

6. Alex Mitici's rating of the film julien donkey-boy

moartea păpatine cu papuci estival autopalme pă faţă herzog mă rog

7. mysteriousgirlno2's rating of the film julien donkey-boy

epa eu vi este filme ha anos e gostei muito apesar de me ter comido o caco todo quero conhecer o korine e dizer-lhe: epa seu grande fdp sim senhora

8. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film julien donkey-boy

9. Glue Sniffer's rating of the film julien donkey-boy

Drugi, najlepszy moim zdaniem film reżysera. Klimatem nieco podobny do Gummo jednak bardziej konsekwentny jeżeli chodzi o skupienie się na jednej historii. Bardzo dobry!

10. Antoinette A's rating of the film julien donkey-boy

'i don't like it because it's so artsy fartsy' - Werner Herzog

11. ikkini's rating of the film julien donkey-boy

Il était difficile de faire un film après Gummo. En acceptant une certaine modestie et rigueur, Harmony Korine réussit le pari de ne pas s'enfermer.

12. Taufiq Hariyadi's rating of the film julien donkey-boy

Best watched if you do not expect otherwise

13. astygianelysium's rating of the film julien donkey-boy

a realist of the grotesque, Korine allows you to understand that normality is fragile to the point of its disintegration

14. INZER's rating of the film julien donkey-boy

Some of Korine's finest work. Definitely worth a watch for Werner Herzog's performance. 4/5

15. lelandpalmer's rating of the film julien donkey-boy

you turned your left cheek to one of the disciples and said, "never hit me on my left side, because if you hit me on my left side, it hurts"

16. AdrianM.'s rating of the film julien donkey-boy

Open your mind like Joe does with her legs in Nymphomaniac

17. Jimmi HRS's rating of the film julien donkey-boy

I could easily hate Korine's work for what I think makes a good film. Although what he is actually striving to accomplish in his films is catching a specific mood or ambience rather than telling a linear story, and in that he succeeds with flying colours. If you don't like Korine's films at least watch this to see Herzog drink Robitussin from a slipper.

18. o_oo's rating of the film julien donkey-boy

19. Michael's rating of the film julien donkey-boy

20. El Biffo's rating of the film julien donkey-boy

One of the best films by America's leading arthouse director, Harmony Korine. Featuring Werner Herzog and Chloe Sevigny. "If I was a stupid as you I would slap myself in the face."

21. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film julien donkey-boy

A great critique of white trash America and the disturbing effects Church involvement has on society. Harmony Korine has created an outstanding film ahead of its time!

22. Golden Tarot's rating of the film julien donkey-boy

What an astounding film. This really blew me away. Such passion in the performances. Such beauty in the presentation. Such reality in the film. These are characters that you sympathize for, yet study deeply. The sound production also impressed me very much. Some very wild musical moments bring this dysfunction to life. The script is full of lines that will make you laugh, yet stop mid-way and think. Beautiful film!

23. Justin Vicari's rating of the film julien donkey-boy

I overlooked this film on arrival, but I was wrong. It seems like one of the most original films of the 90s, and an improvement on Gummo in the sense that Korine no longer hides behind the wish for an "authorless" film. This film was _made_, in the best sense, by extraordinary artists who work their asses off but don't give a damn if you like them or not.

24. Spurcatu's rating of the film julien donkey-boy

Watching this movie would brush off any petty faith in idealisms that concern humanity, with a stroke of harsh realism. Julien might be the real embodiment of a conservative american whose schizophrenia is expressed through obsessive and delusional beliefs about religion and god. Mental Illness, abusive dads, miscarriage, religious mania, wrestling; this movie couldn't be more white trash. Normality is a privilege.