1. jhubbs's rating of the film Jurassic Park

Absolute Spielberg. Hollywood blockbusters are rarely this strong. The wondrous John Williams score and groundbreaking vfx are obvious standouts. Casting is spot-on. Oddly, the first few scenes feel cheap and out of place. The children are massively annoying and the deus ex machinas required to give them plot armor really diminshes any sense of real danger. Some characters are paper thin. Overall, fun.

2. Vlad Popescu's rating of the film Jurassic Park

3. A.B. II: The Return's rating of the film Jurassic Park

The film's only major sins are, like many Spielberg works, it overplays the emotional moments and completely spells out its moral message. Apart from that, its highly entertaining with sequences running the range from awe-striking beauty to relentless, nail-baiting terror. The visual effects have aged surprising well, and the characters are interesting (even if they're not exactly multi-dimensional). Good times!

4. Erica Narduzzi's rating of the film Jurassic Park

5. Malt Frisky's rating of the film Jurassic Park

I remember a time when you had major blockbuster releases that had amazing special effects but also excellent character development for even the minor cast members. Spielberg again knows how to make a memorable cast but also knows just the right moments to introduce the monster at the right time. The T-Rex scene is still excellent, it has the perfect build up to it and scare factor for old and new viewers alike.

6. all_prawns1's rating of the film Jurassic Park

7. Palmat's rating of the film Jurassic Park

One of Spielberg's finest moments as a director. A movie full of wide eyed adventure, heart pounding thrills and suspense and sly humour courtsey of shirtless man-candy Jeff Goldblum. Williams score is also a standout. And the FX are mindblowing for its time.

8. Jonathan Pr's rating of the film Jurassic Park

9. DenoResandono's rating of the film Jurassic Park

I remember when JURASSIC PARK used to scare the shit out of me when I was a little kid. I can't remember how many times I watched this movie. There's a certain feeling that I should watch this movie someday. JURASSIC PARK never bored me everytime I re-watched it. Though it never gave a new experience, this movie is still enjoyable. For a 20+ years old movie, it's an achievement. It never loses its charms...

10. zohen lux's rating of the film Jurassic Park

interesting how we enjoy making/watching films about other species being merciless savages when humans are the #1 threat to earth, other animals and OUR OWN DAMN SELVES!!!! i personally think everyone in this movie should've been killed EXCEPT for jeff goldblum cuz he's just too hot to die

11. Vincent T's rating of the film Jurassic Park

12. Ann Burden's rating of the film Jurassic Park

13. Aulia Indry's rating of the film Jurassic Park

Everyone know about Jurassic Park and everyone wanted to go to Jurassic Park!!! Including me, i guess

14. aurkihnowe's rating of the film Jurassic Park

excellently helmed/performed/all around handled (hard to make mistakes with this big a budget and an expert hand for candy auterism) Hollywood spectacle as Mary Shelleyian warning about the perils (and promises, in the right hands) of scientific advance...the problem is, the technology almost inevitably ends up in the wrong hands...thus, ahhhhhh, ahhhhh, ahhhhh, roooooaaaar!!!!!!

15. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Jurassic Park

The first time that a dinosaur actually looked like a true cold-blooded prehistoric beast and not like something made out of clay. It is based upon Michael Crichton's reworking of his own "Westworld" but with dinosaurs replacing the androids and is a more family-friendly picture because of it. The characters are mostly either running for their lives or awe-gaping of the effects. Great looking but shallow film.

16. franziska's rating of the film Jurassic Park

17. colortear's rating of the film Jurassic Park

Fantastic action flick. Can't shake nostalgia

18. pluviosity's rating of the film Jurassic Park

Best special effect in the modern Hollywood era. PERIOD.

19. Mahda Purmahdi's rating of the film Jurassic Park

I find it difficult to understand why I should give a damn when some white rich kids whose egotistical grandpa has brought dinosaurs back from extinction to make more money out of it, are scared to death when they are face to face with one of those lovely living toys, and are about to be crushed in a car. I really don't! It was just horrible to sit through, not in a good way of course!

20. Rocco's rating of the film Jurassic Park

The first film I recall seeing in theaters at the tender age of three. One longs for the era when a top-tier director would still touch a project like this. To this day, there's nothing that satisfies a craving for a bit of pure movie magic quite like a Jaws/Jurassic Park double bill.

21. lou.'s rating of the film Jurassic Park

I can only say that at the time I just enjoyed the VFX, but didn't understand the extent landmark of this movie.

22. pengecut kau suripto's rating of the film Jurassic Park

Spielberg treats Dinosaurus like Michael Myers or Ghostface, blending harsh reality of humanity and violence with multiple jokes, good job until his own naive vision ruin it. If Verhoeven directed this, he would make it as great as Robocop. But as we learned from Schindler's List, why bother showing violence and truth about the world when it is only illusion for kids? (The last shot is the best of all, though).

23. HKFanatic's rating of the film Jurassic Park

"Jurassic Park" is the rare summer blockbuster that gets to have its cake and eat it too: as a child, the film is a thrill-a-minute rollercoaster ride, equal parts terror and wonder. As an adult, the screenplay reveals its deeper layers and subtext. The movie is at once a capitalist critique - while at the same time tacitly admitting to the audience's face, "We're going to make a fortune off this place."

24. Trevor Tillman's rating of the film Jurassic Park

"Life finds a way." It's all about making babies—a stark deviation from the original text that speaks to Spielberg's preoccupation with fatherhood. Here, creation isn't an act of sheer will but rather something that's not ultimately up to us. Just as the dinosaurs evolve to breed, Dr. Grant evolves into a paternal figure. The silent resolution to his character in the final shots is pure, Old Hollywood cinema.