1. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Kagerô-za

Much like the first film in the Taisho Trilogy, there was a lot to process and unpack here. My rating/view is, I am sure, subject to change as I potentially learn more about the film, and revisit it further down the line. It is a gorgeous, strange film that keeps you on your toes throughout.

2. Nick Potter's rating of the film Kagerô-za

This worked better for me than Zigeunerweisen, but I'm still struggling to fully connect with Suzuki.

3. Kaonashiii's rating of the film Kagerô-za

So beautiful. And kimonos to die for.

4. Victor W's rating of the film Kagerô-za

Suzuki's "KAGERÔ-ZA" was an eccentric film that contained no real direct storyline, the film was very disjointed. Although the film was peculiar to me, i found it pretty enjoyable being that it almost kind of felt like i was watching a dream. The Geisha woman was very flamboyantly dressed and i believe she had a love interest (it was that disjointed). The dialogue in the opening scenes were really intimate.

5. Jooyeon Huh's rating of the film Kagerô-za

6. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Kagerô-za

Much more somber than the first one, "Zigeunerweisen"... actually it's really, really slow. Like a death crawl. So it's obvious that the director Suzuki is not interested in storytelling, just in maintaining an emotion or feeling throughout. He's playing around with the creation of mood and atmosphere and entirely unconcerned with plot or narrative (which is a kind of a mysterious ghost love story... well, mostly).

7. Elena's rating of the film Kagerô-za

8. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Kagerô-za

9. Anca.'s rating of the film Kagerô-za

for the breathtaking scenes.

10. bibonoaozora's rating of the film Kagerô-za

11. Chen Hongmou's rating of the film Kagerô-za

12. House 0f Leaves's rating of the film Kagerô-za

Seijun Suzuki and David Lynch should go bowling together. What a weird, wonderful, beautiful film. Banzai!

13. javier quintero's rating of the film Kagerô-za

What is cinema? This is cinema!!!