1. John's rating of the film Kaili Blues

Stunning. Cinematic bliss. Also an ethnographic discovery to boot. Hope Bi Gan continues to evolve. The use of poetry as a kind of soundtrack element is inspired. Hope he continues that as well.

2. Traum Baum's rating of the film Kaili Blues

Time is fluid, but we don't need clocks as a constant reminder of it. The time-image notion can be great as long as you know how to apply it.

3. juanitarrr's rating of the film Kaili Blues

4. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Kaili Blues

Un hombre en búsqueda/rescate de un familiar. Será una suerte de redención y reconciliación con su pasado. ¿Qué lo hace interesante? El director crea un paralelismo de tiempos, y además lo hace ambiguo. Por momentos vemos al protagonista encontrándose con personajes que parecen ser remembranzas de su pasado, pero también posibilidades. Hay además una temporalidad presente, documental, literal en un plano secuencia.

5. xuxuxush's rating of the film Kaili Blues

mesmerizing, mystifying...

6. Mr. Dude_o_o's rating of the film Kaili Blues

7. DSPRKY's rating of the film Kaili Blues

Gan Bi fractures time in this mind-bending film. Disentangling the narrative is hard work (and I don't yet have half of it straight) but there is something fascinating about the way the film treats time—hours passing in seconds via superimposed clocks or shadows cast on a wall, but also the passage of time shown for what it really is in the film's vaunted one-long-take moment. An impressively inscrutable debut.

8. lIZUKA's rating of the film Kaili Blues

Do you remember what sort of tea we had three days ago, MK sir?

9. Suzanne De Baene's rating of the film Kaili Blues

The enzymes of the soul are like water lilies

10. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Kaili Blues

8.2/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-31N

11. bibonoaozora's rating of the film Kaili Blues

12. wu.meaningless's rating of the film Kaili Blues

13. $ROBINROSA$'s rating of the film Kaili Blues

Objects feel so humble on bare minimal walls. Objects so out of place that the interiors became so beautiful. The camera movement never stops following the movement. Movement reflected in non-moving objects. Objects in movement. Waterscapes/dreamscapes/cityscapes. Fantastic folkloristic tales. Ghost tales. Appeasing the dead. Can time be recuperated?

14. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film Kaili Blues

Not quite what I was expecting (it's more ethnographic than oneiric) but I liked it. That stopover in the village was something else.

15. luís debonoir's rating of the film Kaili Blues

16. -REM-'s rating of the film Kaili Blues

17. Royce Jr.'s rating of the film Kaili Blues

18. Babak Geranfar's rating of the film Kaili Blues

Either call the Kaili Blues an snobbish eye-candy, or praise it as an brilliant homage, this movie is worth watching and we will hear from its director a lot. P.S. Personally i rather worship Black Coal, Thin Ice as a flagship for the new Chinese art-house cinema rather to fall for Gan Bi`s somehow juvenile tricks.

19. Peđa's rating of the film Kaili Blues

20. Jason's rating of the film Kaili Blues

Gan Bi has gone hunting for very big game indeed. His principal subjects are, well, space and time. Kaili Blues immediately struck me as a work of art tailor made for French philosophers. Bergson is all over this thing. Thus Deleuze. And I cannot help but feel like we really need to hear what the the two remaining big guns, Jacques Rancière and Alain Badiou, would have to say. Kind of loose, but totally fascinating.

21. El Biffo's rating of the film Kaili Blues

Very pretty poetry film "It's like being in a dream". 4++ stars

22. Alex's rating of the film Kaili Blues

23. Zac Weber's rating of the film Kaili Blues

A melancholy dreamscape of fractured memories and pseudo-travelogues. The film's magic is muted, but it's there. The winding continuous shot will be what most people remember, and it's really quite impressive (I loved the sequence where the camera floated through a back alley to catch up to the motorcycle). Gan Bi certainly asks for the audience's patience, but the accumulative effect feels bold and original.

24. qw0aszx's rating of the film Kaili Blues

Searching for fragments of memories that were lost in brain, yet the eyes seeing reality were covered. When that long shot ends, we wake up.