1. Joel's rating of the film Kandahar

At first scene I was concerned for what felt like an outsider's perspective, convenient (though awkward) english dialoge and the initial entry point feeling like a voyeuristic westerner hoping to find some savages. Well I was pleasantly surprised and overwhelmed by a handful of scenes of real beauty and humanity. It is a film that suffers from some uneven moments but the humanistic impact of the film still holds.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Kandahar

Une dénonciation nécessaire et bienvenue qui souffre peut-être d'un parti-pris esthétique trop souvent recherché qui peut atténuer l'efficacité du propos... www.cinefiches.com

3. Aukse's rating of the film Kandahar

"Weapons are the only modern thing in Afghanistan"

4. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Kandahar

5. Güven Şahinkanat's rating of the film Kandahar

6. linuskendall's rating of the film Kandahar

I would have liked to like this movie better than I did. However the acting, the english narration as well as the characters put me off.

7. Andrea Lazzaroni's rating of the film Kandahar

8. Mymosh the Selfbegotten's rating of the film Kandahar

An ethnographic documentary on Afghanistan staged as a Brechtian phantasmagoria.This is somewhere in between a feature film and performance art so acting is upstaged by props. Werner Herzog would approve.

9. ramosbarajas's rating of the film Kandahar

Shot in a documentary-style, this films draws you in. But somehow you begin to feel that this is shot from an outsider's view, and you become aware of watching a film. However, it's powerful and displays the general inhuman situation in which these people live, forced to comply because they are powerless and no one is interested in helping them.

10. Landen Celano's rating of the film Kandahar

This film, unfortunately, didn't have much of an impact on me while I was viewing it outside of its breathtaking landscapes and colors. Oddly though, it has lingered with me for quite some time. I can't get it out of my head.