1. SiIencio's rating of the film Kanehsatake: 270 Years of Resistance

A crude account of events reflecting on the perils of native Americans, and by extension many indigenous cultures around the world, have endured since colonisation. Despite its generous length it reveals very little and it is arguably the lack of perspective from the people on the other side, those in favour of ramming with bulldozers, what mainly lets this experience down, one never short of emotion and drama.

2. ionosonde's rating of the film Kanehsatake: 270 Years of Resistance

super deep and personal documentary about an incredible act of indigenous resistance during the oka crisis in 1990. the amount of community and pride and solidarity in this movie is overwhelming. made me cry a lot.

3. josh scam's rating of the film Kanehsatake: 270 Years of Resistance

precision of form; ecstatic effect. a perfect marriage of journalistic and historical documentary. essential viewing; an absolute masterpiece of the genre.

4. chryzsh's rating of the film Kanehsatake: 270 Years of Resistance

Interesting conflict, but that narrator lady had the most monotone voice I have ever heard

5. Thomas's rating of the film Kanehsatake: 270 Years of Resistance

A documentary about building a golf course in Canada at the expense of aboriginal rights.

6. VincentVendetta's rating of the film Kanehsatake: 270 Years of Resistance

Such striking images. Such an ugly crisis.

7. TFCHooligan69's rating of the film Kanehsatake: 270 Years of Resistance

I first saw this documentary in 1993 on the screen at the National Film Board. It has been stuck in my mind ever since. The first film to legitimately bring tears to my eyes, Obomsawin paints a moving portrait of one the most shameful moments in modern Canadian history. Essential viewing.

8. Heather's rating of the film Kanehsatake: 270 Years of Resistance

Alanis Obomsawin: what a great pleasure to view the documentaries of this great Canadian and First Nations film maker!

9. Fred Savard's rating of the film Kanehsatake: 270 Years of Resistance

you can watch this for free on the National Film Board's website! http://www.nfb.ca/film/kanehsatake_270_years_of_resistance