1. Ethan's rating of the film Kansas City

This is one of Altman's more underrated films.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Kansas City

Des acteurs toujours excellents, une superbe reconstitution d'époque, pour une histoire bien languissante où malgré tout la maîtrise du réalisateur s'impose finalement. www.cinefiches.com

3. Joe Zaydon's rating of the film Kansas City

Criminally overlooked, incredibly funny, sickeningly sad. Take note, Chazelle: this is how you put jazz on film.

4. Samuel T.'s rating of the film Kansas City

4.5 Yet another wildly underrated Altman gem.

5. Diego Carrera's rating of the film Kansas City

A film to be seriously rewatched and rereviewed 20 years later. It's a masterpiece!

6. jonnyboy69's rating of the film Kansas City

Why isn't this movie talked about more? It's very well made, has top notch performances, and an awesome jazz score. It seems like it's been forgotten though, even by Altman fans, and that really bums me out. Kansas City may not be Altman's absolute best movie, but it certainly ranks among his better ones, and I would highly recommend it.

7. fearraigh's rating of the film Kansas City

Just when Altman was working up a head of steam again, he went back to his hometown and produced this bafflingly dull jazz-age thriller. A film that shows how maddeningly inconsistent its director could be.

8. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Kansas City

Perhaps this one is absurd, arguably it doesn't work-- but I have always been fond of it. Would make a nice pairing with Thieves Like Us, or with Pollack's They Shoot Horses, Don't They?

9. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Kansas City

12 hours in the life of Kansas City, 12 uninterrupted hours of jazz, 12 Characters in Search of an Author and 2 hours of pure Robert Altman. Masterpiece.

10. Patrick Humphreys's rating of the film Kansas City

Wow! I was expecting a mediocre Altman film that would be intriguing at best -- I was mesmerised from beginning to end. Do not underestimate Altman like I foolishly did.

11. Andrés Pff's rating of the film Kansas City

12. bracko's rating of the film Kansas City

I loved this film as a teenager - it was my first encounter with Jennifer Jason Leigh (one of my favorite actresses) and Jazz music (I love)

13. Jake Mulligan's rating of the film Kansas City

An excellent, if slightly unfocused (always such a pointless word in regards to autuers, I know) study of both racism and 30's cinematic mores, with some excellent jazz thrown in too.

14. Dzimas's rating of the film Kansas City

The stars of the film were the musicians, as Altman did a wonderful job putting together a band of young jazz musicians (at the time) who took on the personalities of the Kansas City greats, including Lester Young and Coleman Hawkins. The movie itself appears aimless, which was probably as Altman intended, but he does create a strong sense of time and place.

15. Robert Regan's rating of the film Kansas City

"Joan Crawford looks cheap, not Jean Harlow!"