1. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Karma Police

3.5 stars. Worthily cold and nasty but perhaps it would have better suited a Marilyn Manson single, or else an artist with a face crueler than Yorke's. Fascinating in retrospect how much this seems to anticipate 'Under the Skin'. I think it's a little cut-and-dry to be an absolute classic, despite the last shot attempting to add a degree of mystery. Still, it's good to see 'Christine'/ 'Duel' shot like a neo-noir.

2. Ana Sousa's rating of the film Karma Police

I can never hold back tears when I listen to this song.

3. crnstsc's rating of the film Karma Police

this is what you get when you mess with us

4. anarresti's rating of the film Karma Police

Great cinematic device. Usually, in videoclips, we watch rockstars sing, and we are supposed to identify emtionally to them, through the lyrics. But here, we have a poetic demonstration of the lyric, and the vocalist is the singer, the deliverer of content, not the victim of it. It creates distance enough for us to witness what is demonstrated. And works emotionally. Even better. And makes us aware of the lyrics.

5. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film Karma Police

Nice little homage to Carpenter's Christine, and a great interpretation of the song's creeping paranoia. The second-hand Orwellian sense of despotic suppression as something almost inevitable (to the point of invoking apathy) is perfectly suggested, not so much by the plight of the escapee (?), but by Yorke's look of resigned despair.