1. lrawren@umich.edu's rating of the film Kati with an I

i feel nauseous and am not sure if its everything going on in this sad movie or my sadness at the cheap shot they took at kati. still like it

2. David R Williams's rating of the film Kati with an I

I think the principal's graduation day speech says it all. I've just watched a documentary about another generation of poor southern white trash doomed to spend their days scraping by working for WalMart and blaming others for their failures while watching Fox News. Terribly sad and more than a bit frightening.

3. Eric Sherwood's rating of the film Kati with an I

Ronnie Winter meets John Cage? Great ending.

4. Alex's rating of the film Kati with an I

Films with this kind of sublty and patience tend to wake up my intellect.

5. Matthew Skala's rating of the film Kati with an I

This is what all reality TV should be like!

6. Ian's rating of the film Kati with an I

Its hard to believe that Kati would be any kind of interesting lead without the rare flashback to her younger self reading poetry. Maybe the joy found as a viewer is trying to find the beautiful spirit shown to us in her childhood somewhere in Kati's 18 year old self. But its hard not to feel only sorrow as we watch that spirit shift to celebrating the mundane and stereotyped expectations. Muddled tone and execution.

7. mebbee's rating of the film Kati with an I

Compelling, quiet, let's the mundane and remarkable naturally play itself out. Some very nice cinematography that deftly matches the tone and leads you along, trailing at some distance from what Kati is actually thinking.

8. Ben Loory's rating of the film Kati with an I

i like to think that pretty much every movie is someone's favorite movie, somewhere. but i can't imagine this being anyone's favorite movie. i can't even imagine anyone watching it more than once.

9. indecisivespice's rating of the film Kati with an I

Some really nice shots, but not as shocking as I thought it would be. Then again, maybe that's just me...